The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting & Explosions in France

Tortorella's Rant

The terrorists win if we lose our freedoms, and freedom of speech, we bow to fear. 

Would you rather be dead than lose your freedom of speech?  Under Bill-51 there is no loss of freedom despite the propaganda of the leftists.   If you were not a terrorist what are you afraid of?

this involves like 6 attackers, this is so bad and makes me so upset. Can we just take care of ISIS already? How are the countries ignoring this ? Mosul is gaining more and more ISIS members everyday and ISIS continues to grow; this pisses me off 

ISIS is an idea just as much as an organization. How do you stop 6 random people in France from getting together and carrying out this kind of attack? Bombing the crap out of Syria or even defeating ISIS there won't stop this.

Would you rather be dead than lose your freedom of speech?

Yes. I can't see many more worthwhile causes to lay down my for. Freedom for the future is worth fighting for, even if it costs lives.

Too many nimbies in this world willing to give up freedom for convenience or a perceived notion of safety. Makes me sick!

this involves like 6 attackers, this is so bad and makes me so upset. Can we just take care of ISIS already? How are the countries ignoring this ? Mosul is gaining more and more ISIS members everyday and ISIS continues to grow; this pisses me off 

from the CBC:

Canada's new defence minister, Harjit Sajjan, says the country must contribute to the defeat of ISIS, but he rejected the idea that Canadians should be afraid of the jihadist organization.

"ISIS is a threat, no doubt about that. Should we fear it? No. The Canadian population should have full confidence in all the security services to keep us safe."

Perhaps we should stick our heads in the sand.  That is what we get from inexperienced politicians.

The world needs to deal with the threat at the source..... the two powerhouse for Islamism.... Iran and Saudi Arabia.  I know, they're opposites as one is Shia and the other Sunni.... but both are bastion for militant Muslims. 

Boko Haram, ISIS, etc... they're just cascading extensions of their corrupted philosophy.  This is the scourge of our time, much like Fascism was of the early 20's century. 

It's time to realize that Islam's edicts doesn't matches with Western values.  When the "radical minority" are actually the majority.... it's time to stop being PC and just admit that Islam is a messed up religion. 

Would you rather be dead than lose your freedom of speech?  Under Bill-51 there is no loss of freedom despite the propaganda of the leftists.   If you were not a terrorist what are you afraid of?

Depends on who's spying on whom? And who determines what? You say no loss of freedom, I'm pretty sure Germans in the 30's  thought government had it's back, but Nazi's were wiretapping suspected "threats". Current laws mean a judge has to issue a warrant for wiretapping, etc. to make sure peoples freedoms are preserved. Why invite a possible abuse of power? If you have an issue against GMO's in food would you like to be labeled a "terrorist" just for speaking your mind? Police and CSIS can still investigate, and do their jobs.

This is why it's stupid for JT to bring in so many refugees with out proper screening. I'm not saying don't help, just be careful when letting in 25,000 people from that area of the world.

I was unaware that we were accepting 25,000 refugees from France...

The world needs to deal with the threat at the source..... the two powerhouse for Islamism.... Iran and Saudi Arabia.  I know, they're opposites as one is Shia and the other Sunni.... but both are bastion for militant Muslims. 

Boko Haram, ISIS, etc... they're just cascading extensions of their corrupted philosophy.  This is the scourge of our time, much like Fascism was of the early 20's century. 

It's time to realize that Islam's edicts doesn't matches with Western values.  When the "radical minority" are actually the majority.... it's time to stop being PC and just admit that Islam is a messed up religion. 

It all has to do with the coming of the antichrist aka the dajjal.. Search it up. 

People don't just become deranged for no reason there are outside forces. 

That band called Eagles of Death.... I've heard the members and crew are not hostages. But these descriptions on CNN, saying some people at the concert are texting the police telling them to please storm the building....holy crap, is the front doors rigged..anything could happen

This is why it's stupid for JT to bring in so many refugees with out proper screening. I'm not saying don't help, just be careful when letting in 25,000 people from that area of the world.

We have nothing linking these attacked to refugees. France has a large homegrown extremist population.

I'm in Paris right now. Wife is freaking out its not to far from our hotel.to afraid to leave the room

lots of movement going on in my hotel. Probably just being very paranoid though

Was there a little over a month ago, saw a protest but wasn't bothered by anything else during our visit. Sounds like you're inside Paris itself (we were in Boulogne Billancourt just the other side of the street from the Paris city limits), so hopefully it's safe.

Trudeau is an absolute moron if he wants to bring in 25000 refugees without proper screening, even more so after what happened today. It was confirmed by the UK a long time ago that ISIS was sneaking in members among refugees and it will not surprise me at all if that's who is behind today's attacks.

France just closed it's borders, we should do the same.  Even if 99% of the 25000 are in fact refugees I don't care. Say 1% are ISIS members, that's 250 into the country which is 250 too many and not worth the risk.

RIP, awful tragedy.  But leave the Syrian refugees out of this.  This is what the terrorists want, fear. 

these atrocities are committed by terrorists, not refugees.  It does not matter where a terrorist comes from; it's their acts which defines them.

Archived