The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Flames-Canucks Trade

Acquiring Gaudreau   

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest I think Demko is going to be one of those Schneider-like franchise goalies so I wouldn't do the trade. Rather a franchise goalie than a franchise winger. That's essentially like Lundquist for Pat Kane. Sure Kane's good, but if there's one player that you build a team around it's a super star goalie. Plus, Boeser's looking like he'll be a fantastic top-6 forward in his own rights.

I'd much rather go for their defencemen while their value is at all all-time low.

I wonder if we could nab Wideman really cheaply. He's a -9 but is putting up assists and is 32 years old. He'd be a lovely mentor on the right side for our younger defencemen.

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Wideman

Hamhuis - Sbisa

To be honest I think Demko is going to be one of those Schneider-like franchise goalies so I wouldn't do the trade. Rather a franchise goalie than a franchise winger. That's essentially like Lundquist for Pat Kane. Sure Kane's good, but if there's one player that you build a team around it's a super star goalie. Plus, Boeser's looking like he'll be a fantastic top-6 forward in his own rights.

I'd much rather go for their defencemen while their value is at all all-time low.

I wonder if we could nab Wideman really cheaply. He's a -9 but is putting up assists and is 32 years old. He'd be a lovely mentor on the right side for our younger defencemen.

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Wideman

Hamhuis - Sbisa

Wow, Lundqvist eh? That's some hefty expectation on the kid.

I like Wideman idea. We need a righty who can chip in offensively. We never replaced Salo, coupled with Bieksa's decline in terms of offensive contribution, we never had an offensive threat from the right side of the defence since 2012 season (Weber doesn't count, since he can only contribute offensively on PP and not so much on 5-on-5).

Just out of curiosity would you trade Gaudreau for Demko and Boeser?  

hell yes!  In a heartbeat.  I don't think Calgary would though.  They are further along then us with their rebuild, so the ages wouldn't fit as good.  I hate the little Smurf - Goudreau - but would love him if he played for us.  

Archived