The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] VAN 2 TOR 4

Jam126

Miller is not to blame for this game, more the coach for not recognizing he's fatigued. 

Not sure what happened but at the start of the season the defense was moving the puck quickly. Last half dozen games they freeze with the puck and then panic. I think this team needs a real wake up call. 

Ding,ding, ding!!!!

Team in front of him has been crap

Is Miller supposed to fix the PP?

A decent PP would put this team comfortably first in the division

We are going to give up pp goals but aren't going to score many, and taking advantage of the many turnovers in our own end, is the formula for beating us right now.

Brutal, this team has an off and on switch,  just a matter if and when they decide to actually really play hard...otherwise float city. Team has a  too fancy top 6 is all finesse need Gaunce, sit Baers, Pedan for Weber. Hard hockey.

We need people who can play the body.

(pp looked a little better)

Yep, this stretch of games is more in line of what I expected from this team after the decent start.

Way too thin on the blue line, not even scoring from the defense, not even close..

Miller had to be godlike for us to win a 1-goal game on most nights, and when he isn't, our single line offensive threat forward group has to outscore our deficits.

Gonna be a long season guys.. For anyone who is still hopeful for playoff miracles, please do me a huge favor and give your head a vigorous shake for me. Thanks!

It's just the reality of what this team is

No real direction not until vets like Higgins Hamhuis vrbata are moved. And hopefully not given away but with Bennings record I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Rebuild ,rebuild on the fly ,competitive character. Here's one Jim should get use to hearing about his club disarray. 

Why do people keep saying stuff like this? We all want to see the kids play and do well, but is subtracting Hamhuis, Higgins, or Vrbata actually going to make this team win? Do you really believe that?

And don't give me the "high draft pick" argument. We're already losing enough to get that.

We need the following:

-one youth trade, forward for D

-a team meeting to discuss effort (this is really important for the kids, but a wakeup call for vets)

-focus on defensive play to help Miller and Markstrom out

-practice special teams

-find a new PP coach... where we move the puck quick and shoot first...immediately. No pass it around no shots on net routine.

-roll four lines including youth so the vets can give it 100% when they are out there

Why do people keep saying stuff like this? We all want to see the kids play and do well, but is subtracting Hamhuis, Higgins, or Vrbata actually going to make this team win? Do you really believe that?

And don't give me the "high draft pick" argument. We're already losing enough to get that.

I'm not sure anyone is going to be looking to add Dan Hamhuis at the deadline the way he is playing this year though.

It is just reality. The team is coming back to where they should be in the standings.  They are 7 wins for 18 games, that puts them well below 500 and realistically near the bottom half of the division if you are to look at the other teams with the same record. The anomaly of being in second place with a win percentage of below 500 is finally averaging out and giving us a more realistic view of where the team should be in the standings, I am not surprised!  

it won 't hurt me to see Hammer gone now as then we would have to audition Pedan for a spot his big body may be the steady back end that could  maybe ad stability stay at home an crush other big cheaters in front of Miller.

Vrrby will be lost any way you look at it after this season I would be silly to say he will be resigned at his price.So then move him sooner not later for nothing as then a spot would be freed up for another WD typ player in Gaunce on roster to start developing with this group now he is legitimate two way player who has size an grit an some better upside .I wil not say we will win now but our hand has been ursurped by overall poor team play an mounting losses what more could we already lose by moving a couple of more parts out?

Leafs slash, cross check , hook , & interfere with goalies (2 occasions) and it goes uncalled. Canucks back check, stick check, make good hits, it's a penalty. What a joke of officiating tonight.

Things tend to look worse when there's underlying factors like that which result in goals.

Time to ride Markstrom for a bit. Milsy's looks tired, the detail in his game is non existent. Give the guy a break plz. More than one game. He'll come back strong again. 

Injuries mess up with chemistry sure but non of the lines have looked like they can consistently create chances and I mean grade A scoring chances. Player roles aren't clear, who is the main person doing board work? Who'll go to the net? Which d-men has the green light to jump in the rush? Who'll stay back? Who should pinch? Who shouldn't? 

Everyone seems to be doing the same thing! And Everyone is doing everything. Even if it's not their forte.

apart from systems, each player needs defined roles to maximize on their different talents they have to offer. Play like a 5 man unit, know your role on the ice but be flexible in the way you support your teammates. Until we see that this team, although with good potential, will limp to the finish line in every game. 

It is just reality the team is coming back to where they should be in the standings.  They are 7 wins for 18 games that puts them well below 500 and realistically near the bottom half of the division if you are to look at the other teams with the same record. The anomaly of being in second place with a win percentage of below 500 is finally averaging out and giving us a more realistic view of where the team should be in the standings, I am not surprised!  

for a guy who didn't wear a face mask, you sure to seem to think straight.  ^_^  shouldn't you have slurred speech, blurred vision, and not make any sense?

Did not like the coaching decision to have Jake/Bo/Baer as a line...not a lot of experience there...They were badly exposed on one of TO's goals..(Hutton was also on the ice..so 4 kids on the ice)....Good on Willie though,for throwing them back out there for the next shift (and not destroying their confidence).

I thought Miller had a good game..the giveaways by the Canuck D were insane..On one of our PP's,we gave up a penalty shot and a 2 on 1.

Two toughest games of the road trip are coming up.:unsure:

it won 't hurt me to see Hammer gone now as then we would have to audition Pedan for a spot his big body may be the steady back end that could  maybe ad stability stay at home an crush other big cheaters in front of Miller.

Vrrby will be lost any way you look at it after this season I would be silly to say he will be resigned at his price.So then move him sooner not later for nothing as then a spot would be freed up for another WD typ player in Gaunce on roster to start developing with this group now he is legitimate two way player who has size an grit an some better upside .I wil not say we will win now but our hand has been ursurped by overall poor team play an mounting losses what more could we already lose by moving a couple of more parts out?

We already have 6 players 22 or younger on the roster (Baer, Virt, McCan, Bo, Hutton, and now Shink) Could we really handle any more rookies without becoming the Oilers 2.0? Isn't this what people always wanted anyway, save for the fact that Management hasn't straight up called it a tear-down?

Archived