The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

13 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Just called up so hopefully we see him sometime on this road trip, and hopefully he replaces Bart or Weber.  If he can impress and make either of those two expendable then I'd be a happy fan.

I hope he plays well and adding his physicality will be 'nice' but realistically he'll make very little difference. Our problems on D aren't the bottom pairing guys. It's a lack of quality and quantity in the top 4. Never mind uncomplimentary roles.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

I hope he plays well and adding his physicality will be 'nice' but realistically he'll make very little difference. Our problems on D aren't the bottom pairing guys. It's a lack of quality and quantity in the top 4. Never mind uncomplimentary roles.

There's so many problems with our D it's hard to know where to start, but yes, the bottom pairing is the least of our worries.  Realistically, if he shows as a credible alternative to Bartkowski for next year, that's progress by me. 

Brilliant IMO. I actually suggested some time ago how out of place Pedan looked in the pre season and how he needed to mix and mingle and get used to the NHL life style, make friends and relax....and low and behold  :-)

Good move he's here to feel included not sure if he'll play or not...just like Fedun and Bartkowski keep your eye on these guys...one day ....

Yes, regardless of Pedan's performance, this is great news and sends a positive message to Utica.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Just called up so hopefully we see him sometime on this road trip, and hopefully he replaces Bart or Weber.  If he can impress and make either of those two expendable then I'd be a happy fan.

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Brilliant IMO. I actually suggested some time ago how out of place Pedan looked in the pre season and how he needed to mix and mingle and get used to the NHL life style, make friends and relax....and low and behold  :-)

Good move he's here to feel included not sure if he'll play or not...just like Fedun and Bartkowski keep your eye on these guys...one day ....

Gawd...he couldnt be any worse than some of the pilons we have on D?   plus he has some bite

Not to create needless hype or anything, but could you guys imagine if he actually plays well enough to stick? That'd be 4 rookies sticking with the club in 1 season.

It almost feels like more rookies than AV's brought in his entire coaching career!....

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not to create needless hype or anything, but could you guys imagine if he actually plays well enough to stick? That'd be 4 rookies sticking with the club in 1 season.

It almost feels like more rookies than AV's brought in his entire coaching career!....

Lol...I would love to see him stick but chances are unlikely..he will probably be back the next Comet game on Wednesday.

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Yes.  Finally a big time face puncher.  I hope he exchanges a few good face punches over his time up.  He can stop the stupid stuff we have seen our guys endure over this last while by grabbing the other teams' players and punching face.

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  Finally a big time face puncher.  I hope he exchanges a few good face punches over his time up.  He can stop the stupid stuff we have seen our guys endure over this last while by grabbing the other teams' players and punching face.

Could you please stop using the term "face puncher." I find it kind of disrespectful to the players as they are more than that.

Also, I hope that Pedan doesn't feel the need to fight to prove his worth. He can become much more than just a fighter and with his recent concussion history I don't think it's worth it for him. 

5 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

Could you please stop using the term "face puncher." I find it kind of disrespectful to the players as they are more than that.

Also, I hope that Pedan doesn't feel the need to fight to prove his worth. He can become much more than just a fighter and with his recent concussion history I don't think it's worth it for him. 

I accept you don't like the term, but that's what those guys do.  When you're in a fight, that's the intent.  Plus, to land some you often have to take some too. You can actually hear the smack, smack as knuckles connect with faces.   That's why I state it so bluntly.  It's brutal, and the guys who do that job are as tough as they come.  They are needed, and I'm glad we got one coming up, and I hope he trades a few.  Plus, I don't believe it's disrespectful.  trading bare knuckle fists to the cheek takes guts, lots of guts.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I accept you don't like the term, but that's what those guys do.  When you're in a fight, that's the intent.  Plus, to land some you often have to take some too. You can actually hear the smack, smack as knuckles connect with faces.   That's why I state it so bluntly.  It's brutal, and the guys who do that job are as tough as they come.  They are needed, and I'm glad we got one coming up, and I hope he trades a few.  Plus, I don't believe it's disrespectful.  trading bare knuckle fists to the cheek takes guts, lots of guts.

I think your point is taken,. But I think what is trying to be said here is "FP" label is just as low a term as "goon"..  Mr Pedan can fight, thats obvious,. But he does bring other assets as well. The fact that he can fight and play hockey brings more of a psychological edge to his game and the team he plays for..

He will put up points and defend., but to call him a "FPer" puts him into a single class only. .    

A player like Mr Pedan deserves to called "Well Rounded" ... After all, He is multi talented.

Im sure if you had the opportunity to ask him yourself, he would like that.

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think your point is taken,. But I think what is trying to be said here is "FP" label is just as low a term as "goon"..  Mr Pedan can fight, thats obvious,. But he does bring other assets as well. The fact that he can fight and play hockey brings more of a psychological edge to his game and the team he plays for..

He will put up points and defend., but to call him a "FPer" puts him into a single class only. .    

A player like Mr Pedan deserves to called "Well Rounded" ... After all, He is multi talented.

Im sure if you had the opportunity to ask him yourself, he would like that.

Haven't seen him play this season, but if he can be dependable and bring some physicality it would fill a much more important role than whatever role Weber or Bartkowski are trying to fill. A defence that can't score and is easy to play against isn't a recipe for success.

Archived