The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

Tanev, Gud, Edler, Hutton, Del, Wein, Stetch are pretty much locks.  That is 7

Oli, Holm look not to be making the team out of camp.  Bris, Chats, and Mc can be sent to Utica

We go through D's like biutter so my guess is the nucks go with 9 d's .   I can't imagine them wanting to waive Pedan

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

If Pedan is going to become anything, he needs to play. That's not going to happen as 8 D.

Biega had more NHL experience, is a natural righty (needed), can pinch in at forward and generally fits the 8d role FAR better. 

true, but Pedan can beat up guys from Toronto. Thats all me and @Alflives care about in an 8D - am I right Alf? 

49 minutes ago, samurai said:

Tanev, Gud, Edler, Hutton, Del, Wein, Stetch are pretty much locks.  That is 7

Oli, Holm look not to be making the team out of camp.  Bris, Chats, and Mc can be sent to Utica

We go through D's like biutter so my guess is the nucks go with 9 d's .   I can't imagine them wanting to waive Pedan

No, they won't. 13 forwards, 8 D. 

Pedan will be waived. 

Im pulling for Pedan to make the team this year. He's played well this offseason and is the perfect guy to have as an 8thD and fourth line plug. He's big, he's physical and could develop into an ideal 3rd pairing D. Let him play the first month and if he shows well make room for him as a 6th guy or trade him in part of a bigger deal.

Edler-Stetcher

Hutton-Tanev

DelZotto-Guddy

Wiercoch-Pedan

Run those guys until the inevitable injuries. Send Juolevi to Finland. Waive Biega or trade Hutton. 

Very good breakdown on Pedan from Canucks Army today. Lots of interesting data and opinion to digest. Well worth the read IMO:

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/09/30/will-pedan-make-the-cut/

EDIT: The above article was written before today's lineup came out and was based on the previous practice (where Pedan and Del Zotto were paired and looked like they'd play tonight). Per today's lines, Wiercioch-Biega are playing and Pedan sits. Not sure if this signals the final cuts and decisions for the 7/8 D spots. Or maybe they just want one more look at Wiercioch and Biega before making a call on who goes and who stays.

Edler-Stetcher

Hutton-Tanev

DelZotto-Guddy

Wiercoch-Pedan

First call up: Biega

Having the option of slotting in Weircoch or Pedan gives us a few different looks depending on who we are playing.  Biega will still get lots of time due to injuries, and is going to be the easiest guy to move up and down from Utica.  With the exception of Edler, this is a young core of D that has a chance to really develop well.

2 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Will be p*ssed if he's claimed. We need his size; would have preferred to waive Biega.

Biega has served the team well and had a great camp. He earned his spot, pedan wasnt bad, don't get me wrong but Biega has been a bit better imo and has a history of coming in and working hard without being a liability. 

3 hours ago, cyoung said:

Biega has served the team well and had a great camp. He earned his spot, pedan wasnt bad, don't get me wrong but Biega has been a bit better imo and has a history of coming in and working hard without being a liability. 

Not disputing Biega’s value, but we lost Sbisa (I know, I know but he did hit);  we lost Tryamkin; and I don’t want to lose Pedan as well. We are too soft on the back-end.

35 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Not disputing Biega’s value, but we lost Sbisa (I know, I know but he did hit);  we lost Tryamkin; and I don’t want to lose Pedan as well. We are too soft on the back-end.

Well it's good that the league is going in a softer direction. Haha

Archived