The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

nope he is real good biding his time in the A this year he knows he will get his shot if not this year next year somewhere? I do not think he can get injured this is a critical year in his ELC phase.

I just don't know if it will be in Vancouver...he is being buried in the minors I don't see how he gets a call up with the way our D is going this year..Biega and Tryamkin sitting around ahead of him...such a waste.

On 10/26/2016 at 0:40 PM, ShakyWalton said:

I just don't know if it will be in Vancouver...he is being buried in the minors I don't see how he gets a call up with the way our D is going this year..Biega and Tryamkin sitting around ahead of him...such a waste.

I don't think Tryamkin is ahead of him - it's just the refusal to accept conditioning or Tryamkin would have already been in Utica and most definitely wouldn't be the first call-up unless he makes unrealistic progress in a short amount of time imo. 

Call-ups, in order, look like this imo:  Stecher, Biega (if you call him a call-up), Pedan, if we get past these three we are in BIG trouble unfortunately. 

• 4 weeks later...

So Tryamkin is now playing a regular shift.....Lord knows what happens when Tanev gets back. Riots in the streets if they send Stecher back down.

Meanwhile Pedan is a -5 with the Comets. Not playing well....worst +/- of all Comet D-men.

On October 26, 2016 at 0:40 PM, ShakyWalton said:

I think Green will be the Canucks coach next year and he will try and get Pedan in the line up. 

On 2016-11-21 at 10:49 PM, FaxCap said:

So Tryamkin is now playing a regular shift.....Lord knows what happens when Tanev gets back. Riots in the streets if they send Stecher back down.

Meanwhile Pedan is a -5 with the Comets. Not playing well....worst +/- of all Comet D-men.

The COMETS..  are not playing well in general.. I'm sure that is a reflection of some PK'ing.  @UticaHockey follows the Comets closely.. and I appreciate his opinion.

I too, wonder how Andrey's "real"game has been besides any stats or analytics showing the "virtual-negative" game?

54 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The COMETS..  are not playing well in general.. I'm sure that is a reflection of some PK'ing.  @UticaHockey follows the Comets closely.. and I appreciate his opinion.

I too, wonder how Andrey's "real"game has been besides any stats or analytics showing the "virtual-negative" game?

Well the Comets won back to back games for the first time last weekend and coincidentally Pedan (and Negrin) were scratches in both games.

Pedan was progressing nicely until he was called up last year and ever since he came back his game has gone downhill. I'm not sure if it's an attitude issue or something else going on but his decision making has been very questionable. He looks to me like a player that doesn't give two craps about being here and it shows in his play.

27 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Well the Comets won back to back games for the first time last weekend and coincidentally Pedan (and Negrin) were scratches in both games.

Pedan was progressing nicely until he was called up last year and ever since he came back his game has gone downhill. I'm not sure if it's an attitude issue or something else going on but his decision making has been very questionable. He looks to me like a player that doesn't give two craps about being here and it shows in his play.

.. really hope that changes.

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Thanks for the insight... that's not good at all is it =/ 

Just looking at his stat line, all I see is 0's, PIMs and Minuses :(

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

That is very disappointing.  

Work hard all season, then the main club brings in Larsen and he gets gifted a spot (different role, but still a spot)... then he gets supplanted as the go-to defenseman in Stecher (different role, but at least he earned it), Tryamkin gets his chance.... and then there's Biega even blocking Pedan for the 7th/8th spot.  I hope the Canucks at least throw him a bone, at least for motivation.  I know that professional sports is a meritocracy, but it's human nature to perform better when there's a carrot dangling in front of them.  

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

That is very disappointing.  

Work hard all season, then the main club brings in Larsen and he gets gifted a spot (different role, but still a spot)... then he gets supplanted as the go-to defenseman in Stecher (different role, but at least he earned it), Tryamkin gets his chance.... and then there's Biega even blocking Pedan for the 7th/8th spot.  I hope the Canucks at least throw him a bone, at least for motivation.  I know that professional sports is a meritocracy, but it's human nature to perform better when there's a carrot dangling in front of them.  

The only thing Pedan has on Larsen is size.  If it wasn't for that, he wouldn't even be ECHL caliber.    Besides his fighting and hitting highlights there really isn't nothing to like about his play.  Are we all just that desperate to see a goon on the ice again?  Tom sestito was  and is a better hockey player than Pedan.  That's saying a lot.

Archived