The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau Has Ordered Canada’s Justice Minister to Start the Weed Legalization Process

Armada

When prohibition ended in the 1930's, organized crime just moved to other illegal stuff.   Don't worry, organized crime will do fine.

Are you saying organized crime isn't in the "other" stuff already? There is no way they will be able to replace pot revenue. They supply where there is demand, they don't create it.

Odd.  My friends who have their card are absolutely loving being able to go to the dispensaries.  They've gotten a lot of stuff they've really enjoyed, and they're the kind of guys whose judgement I'd trust on that if you know what I mean (they've smoked a lot of weed).  

I can honestly only speak for the product here in Cowtown. The edibles and the High CBD products are great for pain relief but the actual herb is sub par to say the least : (

Are you saying organized crime isn't in the "other" stuff already? There is no way they will be able to replace pot revenue. They supply where there is demand, they don't create it.

What I am saying is organized crime is always around, whether pot is legalized or not.   People who use the argument that organized crime will be weakened with the legalization of pot are naïve.

With the proposed legalization likely to result in heavily taxed Trudeau weed and with the city's new regulatory scheme likely to close 80% of dispensaries I actually expect the black market (and organized crime) to flourish under the Trudeau plan, along with a handful of well positioned corporations.

What I am saying is organized crime is always around, whether pot is legalized or not.   People who use the argument that organized crime will be weakened with the legalization of pot are naïve.

Nobody is saying organized crime will be weakened. The post you replied to originally said organized crime will lose money. So far as that goes, I don't see another illegal source of income to rival the most consumed drug in the country and the world. If you don't think organized crime will lose money, I don't know what to say.

With the proposed legalization likely to result in heavily taxed Trudeau weed and with the city's new regulatory scheme likely to close 80% of dispensaries I actually expect the black market (and organized crime) to flourish under the Trudeau plan, along with a handful of well positioned corporations.

You mean like the LCBO monopolies that heavily favours the large corporations and makes it extremely hard for a micro brewer beer enter the market...sounds about right

13 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You mean like the LCBO monopolies that heavily favours the large corporations and makes it extremely hard for a micro brewer beer enter the market...sounds about right

Yeah, there's like no micro brews around. It's all Molson and Labatt round these parts...

18 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah, there's like no micro brews around. It's all Molson and Labatt round these parts...

Well bc and alberta don't have the lcbo so we have a microbrewery in every town and its awesome. But in Ontario it's not the same. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/the-beer-store-everything-you-need-to-know-about-ontarios-lucrative-monopoly/article23248112/?service=mobile

19 hours ago, jejejester said:

It's going to get taxed like crazy and be over priced like alcohol. Plus you won't be able to smoke while driving or in public places. Pretty much the new alcohol 

It should be highly taxed, and no we shouldn't be able to drive while intoxicated from any substance or smoke it in public places, why would people want to smoke and drive anyways, are they that out of control that they have to be high literally all the time

1 hour ago, hsedin33 said:

should be highly taxed, and no we shouldn't be able to drive while intoxicated from any substance or smoke it in public places, why would people want to smoke and drive anyways, are they that out of control that they have to be high literally all the time

People shouldn't be driving while under the influence of any substance. Unfortunately there are people who smoke and drive. I've been at enough red lights and look over and seen someone getting high. Hopefully with weed legalization there will be stricter laws on DUI's

11 minutes ago, jejejester said:

People shouldn't be driving while under the influence of any substance. Unfortunately there are people who smoke and drive. I've been at enough red lights and look over and seen someone getting high. Hopefully with weed legalization there will be stricter ENFORCEMENT OF EXISTING laws on DUI's

FTFY ;)

On 11/16/2015, 9:54:40, Salmonberries said:

Just grow you own, there is a lot of people make their own beer and wine. My neighbor and myself make wine from what we grow in our own yards from grapes to saskatoon berries, rasberries, rhubarb. We make are own beer as well, only thing i buy from the liquor store is fine single malt scotch.

Archived