The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Bartosak facing 12 Domestic Violence Charges

HC20.0

http://thehockeywriters.com/la-prospect-patrik-bartosak-facing-domestic-assault-charges/

Monarchs goalie charged in domestic assaults, threats

STAFF REPORT

MANCHESTER — Manchester Monarchs goalie Patrik Bartosak, 22, whose residence is listed as Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., waived arraignment Tuesday in 9th Circuit Court - Manchester District Division on 12 domestic-related charges.

A felony charge of second-degree assault alleges Bartosak attempted to strangle his girlfriend early Monday afternoon at 22 Country Club Drive.

Seven domestic simple assault charges allege he grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her against a wall, put his hand around her neck and choked her, grabbed her right chest and pulled her up off a bed, punched her in the chest twice, slapped her in the face and slapped her three times on both legs.

Three criminal threatening charges allege he told her: “If you don’t have anything to say I’m going to kill you,” “I’m going to punch you in the face if you don’t say anything,” and “I hope you know I’m going to knock you out and put you to sleep before I leave.”

Later in the afternoon, between about 2:30 and 6 p.m., Bartosak allegedly sent text messages to the 20-year-old at her place of work in the Mall of New Hampshire, saying he was coming to see her, prompting her to go to the store office. He was allegedly waiting in the parking lot when she left work.

Bartosak, who lists his employer as the L.A. Kings, played for the American Hockey League’s Manchester Monarchs for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons. He returned to the ECHL’s Monarchs Friday on a conditioning assignment from the Ontario Reign (the former AHL Monarchs) and started in goal Sunday night.

Bartosak, who is from the Czech Republic, is free on $10,000 cash/surety bond, with conditions that include no contact with the alleged victim and not going to the Country Club Drive address.

Because no plea can be entered to a felony charge in circuit court, a hearing was set for Dec. 16, when a judge will hear evidence and decide if there is probable cause to bind Bartosak over to the Hillsborough County Superior Court North for possible indictment.

Trial on the assault, threatening and stalking misdemeanors was set for Jan. 28, 2016.
- See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/Monarchs-goalie-charged-in-domestic-assaults-threats#sthash.yh56FS13.dpuf

Apparently "character" is not a defining characteristic of which LA seeks in their players, prospect or not.

22 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Another person from the same organization facing domestic assault charges.

Boneheaded organization.

I think it's going to take the Kings years to recover from this rep. 4 arrests, 2 caught with drugs, 2 domestic violence charges. Bartosak and Voynov will never play in the NHL again, I'm certain of it. The Kings reputation is only going further down and down...

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

I think it's going to take the Kings years to recover from this rep. 4 arrests, 2 caught with drugs, 2 domestic violence charges. Bartosak and Voynov will never play in the NHL again, I'm certain of it. The Kings reputation is only going further down and down...

The LA Kings are quickly becoming the LA/Oakland Raiders of the NHL

Wow...didn't see this one coming. Just mentioned this to my wife...Bart used to be our goalie here in Red Deer, and I don't recall any indications or tendencies towards this behavior. I hope first of all that it isn't true (for his girlfriend's sake...no one should have to endure all that). But if it is true, well, definitely get some help dude. And the Kings need to get their guys off the roids...bizarre grouping of incidents within one organization.

Archived