The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Hamonic on the trading block

The Islanders & Travis Hamonic -- http://bit.ly/1POgTYO 

I would be very shocked if JB doesn't atleast pick up the phone to ask what it'll cost for him, considering the fact that our defence right now currently suck.

Hamonic, a talented 25-year-old defender who does tremendous things off the ice, is in play, although the exact reasons are private.

There’s a ton to like about this player. He’s a right-hand shot, top-pairing defenceman with four years remaining on a good-value contract. The average annual amount is $3.857 million, although the actual dollars will be $4.875 million beginning in 2016-17.

We could definitely use him, Would be a costly trade but worth it imo.

I hope benning calls and makes a legit offer. Are they looking for forward help and promote Pullock from the ahl?

They dont want picks, I think they want nhl help now forward and D depth in a trade?

6 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Benning has got to at least pick up the phone and chime in. RHD, 25, plays a sound all around game.

Our defense isn't the greatest and don't have much RHD depth. Tanev and Sbisa are our top 4 right handed shots. One injury, and next up is Weber. 

sbisa is not a top four and he's not even a right handed shot lol

2 minutes ago, Robongo said:

Nucks could obviously use him but the only guy they'd want is Tanev..

I don't know why they'd want a similar player in return tbh. They have Pulock and Mayfield waiting in the minors behind all the defensive depth they have. Both are RHD and could finally crack the roster for the Isles.

I'm sure a GM would be able to bring that up and possibly convince Snow, therefore giving a different sort of package (picks/prospects).

3 minutes ago, Robongo said:

sbisa is not a top four and he's not even a right handed shot lol

My mistake, he's a LHD. What I meant to say is he's been used on the right hand side for our 2nd dpair when healthy. We only have 2 RH shots in Tanev and Weber, which is pretty sad, and often why Biega is called up because we're so scarce on them.

...further encourages why we should take a flyer on Hamonic.

The article claims that Snow isn't interested in dealing for prospects or picks, he's more interested in dealing for an equivalent player. In which case we're pretty much out of the running already. The closest we have is Tanev but he lacks Hamonic's offensive upside so I doubt NYI would agree to it, and Tanev is already our best d-man anyway so any gain from that trade would be marginal at best for us.

2 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

The article claims that Snow isn't interested in dealing for prospects or picks, he's more interested in dealing for an equivalent player. In which case we're pretty much out of the running already. The closest we have is Tanev but he lacks Hamonic's offensive upside so I doubt NYI would agree to it, and Tanev is already our best d-man anyway so any gain from that trade would be marginal at best for us.

Yeah we don't have what they're looking for if that's the case.

1 minute ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Except the opinion of fans is immaterial in trade talks. Everyone who thinks Edler is dog crap or Sbisa is worthless or who would want Player X doesn't know how 29 other management teams evaluate players. Look at this past off-season with the moves JB did. Many on CDC were calling for his head but the trades he made turned out largely ok.

22 minutes ago, BettyWhites44 said:

I've always liked Hamonic but something tells me its just snow trying to gauge the market.
He did the same with Okposo earlier this year.
But Travis with Hutton or Tanev together sounds pretty good to me.

I think so too, with the ridiculous asking price Daley is getting it might be worth to sell high on the kid now.

We could use a shiny new Hammer though...

EDIT: Trade request confirmed, WOW.

Archived