The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Hamonic on the trading block

So if they're looking for an "equal-level replacement" (i.e. not throwing forwards at them) what can we offer?

They have an equal amount of right and left D at this point, with Zidlicky being their 3rd best RHD (Boychuck and Hamonic being the top 2). Pulock would be their first RHD call up (it seems they've wanted to get him in the line up) with Mayfield after. They have Leddy, De Haan and Pelech on their left, with Strait and then Matt Finn for depth.There's not a massive weakness there apart from the hole Hamonic would leave.

1. So Tanev would fit the bill for them as a RHD of the same age and similar cap hit. Do we want a straight up swap though, and how much of any improvement is Hamonic over Tanev, if at all?
  2. Could we sell them on a Hamhuis+ deal even though he's a left side D? Or could we even package him and Vrbata together and get a lesser piece added in from the Islanders side?
  3. Would they go for Edler straight up at that point then? More offence but excellent player, then we're left with a gap in our D that maybe we could fill short term with Hamhuis.

We can't try and pawn off Sbisa or someone lesser (don't even suggest Weber or one of our prospects), even if we package some other pieces in. I'd love the Hamhuis/Vrbata combo if they'd take it. If we go with one of the other two above, is it still worth it?

I'd love to get him, but lots to think about.

if it was a 1 for 1 swap, I would do tanev for hamonic. Hamonic is built more for the west, his cap hit is less aswell.

Would be real hard to move tanev but they probly want a rhd back. I would add more if we moved hammer sbisa or edler, but only sbisa can play the right side effectively

Meh, I wouldn't sell the farm for him.  Maybe Benning can work on his fleecing skills and take advantage of Snow's position of weakness.  Hopefully if any deal is made it involves Vrbads, Higgy, and or Hammer.

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Meh, I wouldn't sell the farm for him.  Maybe Benning can work on his fleecing skills and take advantage of Snow's position of weakness.  Hopefully if any deal is made it involves Vrbads, Higgy, and or Hammer.

Snow often makes some weird trades. Remember Niederreiter for Clutterbuck?

There's a chance he may value a certain player on our roster more than we do.

Archived