The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Another loss...now 7-7-6

TheRussianRocket.

3 minutes ago, Robongo said:

I think most sensible people who follow hockey predicted this for the Nucks. We over achieved last season and we've been slowly downgrading our D every season since 2011. This year is all about integrating the young players, living with their mistakes in order to allow them to take a step forward next year. There is a lot to be excited for in terms of the future and the sooner we embrace that this season is a write off and gain assets for the upcoming draft, the better.

careful ..  cant be too honest around here or it means your not a real fan  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, JAY JAY said:

Whoa! You're joking, right! That is just too harsh!
Opinion is one thing, but this! Frack off!

I'm just floored at this the same guys calling for a tank calling for the coach to be fired cause we're losing. Doesn't make any sense

JB or TL needs to have a little chat with WD about putting Dorsett on the PP. that's just so stupid its beyond words. Why is WD forcing Dorsett to be anything more than a 3rd /4th liner? All he did in that PP was take us out of it FFS.  

Why not try 6 foot friggin 4 Grenier as a screen, or Virtanen who scored a goal with his face in front the net?!

decisions like these just infuriates me. 

I know i once joked about WD putting Dorsett on the PP, i didn't think he was actually crazy enough to do it. 

1 minute ago, JAY JAY said:

Whoa! You're joking, right! That is just too harsh!
Opinion is one thing, but this! Frack off!

It's his opinion that WD should be fired.  I think we keep WD, and his mistakes get us a top three pick in June.  So I think all web tags should be saying: keep WD so we can draft top three!

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea, that's a good analysis.

It's kind of ironic because Willie was brought in because of his ability to get the most out of young players, yet he seems to be so focused on winning that he seems unwilling to roll four lines.

This team was always going to be a team that needed all four lines going to have success. As soon as the coach shortens the bench it's game over. The Sedins aren't 28 anymore, they can't be expected to score all of our goals.

Until the coach lets the rookies loose, for better or for worse, we're going to keep seeing the same results.

Indeed, and I think you'd agree that no 'newish' coach wants to finish near the bottom of the league a year after getting 101 points. If Willie fails he may not get another chance -- he's not a spring chicken. So he has to make the most of what he has been given. I don't blame him for that. Tough spot to be put in really; that of a transition coach.

Just now, y-ote' said:

Indeed, and I think you'd agree that no 'newish' coach wants to finish near the bottom of the league a year after getting 101 points. If Willie fails he may not get another chance -- he's not a spring chicken. So he has to make the most of what he has been given. I don't blame him for that. Tough spot to be put in really; that of a tradition coach.

So are we look at Greener pastures for our coach next season?

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

JB or TL needs to have a little chat with WD about putting Dorsett on the PP. that's just so stupid its beyond words. Why is WD forcing Dorsett to be anything more than a 3rd /4th liner? All he did in that PP was take us out of it FFS.  

Why not try 6 foot friggin 4 Grenier as a screen, or Virtanen who scored a goal with his face in front the net?!

decisions like these just infuriates me. 

I know i once joked about WD putting Dorsett on the PP, i didn't think he was actually crazy enough to do it. 

Grenier or Virtanen makes way more sense the Dorsett Power Play experiment should be done after tonight. I totally get our PP needs a shakeup but Dorsett will never be the answer. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Grenier or Virtanen makes way more sense the Dorsett Power Play experiment should be done after tonight. I totally get our PP needs a shakeup but Dorsett will never be the answer. 

Yup.  Virtanen, in WDs mind, has not earned PP.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

like i said before, WD mind is like voynich manuscript, nobody understands it. :angry:

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I get what WD is trying to do however we have too many rookies and not enough depth to play guys this little.

If you get the guy's thinking, you're one of the few.  He just seems out of his league right now.  I remember when AV came up to the Canucks from our farm team - Winnipeg.  He knew the young players, and got the most out of them.  

There's always somebody injured,but I think this team is so much better with Prust and Sutter in the lineup...Everybody can return to the roles they had earlier in the season.

Were only at the quarter mark and we're by no means out of it (mostly because were in a weak division).

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Getting vets back just means Willie can lean on the same stale core that has been failing us for years.

Until his options are taken away we're going to be given the same lame effort night after night.

I've always said, I'd rather play fast and exciting hockey and lose, than the slow stale heartless hockey we've seen.

The fans are speaking with their wallets though, so I don't really need to say anything.

Higgins is averaging almost the same amount of even strength ice-time as Virtanen and McCann. He's hardly taking ice-time away from the kids. If you want to rag about a vet taking ice-time away, you should look at Burrows and Vrbata, who aren't exactly putting up huge numbers, despite playing with the Sedins, and being on the PP. But of course, any time you get a chance to take a shot at Higgins, I guess we all have to.

Losing is still losing, regardless if it's exciting or not. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So are we look at Greener pastures for our coach next season?

Like I said. Tough spot for Willie D. He has to win now, but doesn't have the horses, especially on D. He knows Green is waiting in the wings so he pulls out all the stops, which for him means shortening the bench even though he has preached rolling 4 lines throughout his career. Right now he's losing his way (really the opposite of his core beliefs). If it were me I'd play the hand i was given and play the players management gave me, at least the losses could be blamed on the roster and the GM not ice times choices or lack thereof.

We've lost just about every game this year in the exact same way. Shorten the bench in the 3rd, sit the kids (for the most part) and go with the vets. What do we see? A vet coughing up the puck, making a lame pass that gets picked off, making an ill timed line change, or just simply showing that the skills of some of the "go to" vets have eroded to the point that they just don't deserve the ice time they are getting. I mean really! We're loosing already. What have you got to loose my rolling 4 lines for 60 minutes and letting the ice time for the kids and the vets get closer to parity? Yes. We still may loose, but I guarantee you it will be more exciting and less predictable than what were currently getting, AND it will simply be something different. Would like to see "different" for the next 20 games or so.

I realize that it's only 20 games in, but surely JB and TL have to be at least thinking how much longer Wille can go with the same loosing scenario before they have to deal with it?

59 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Of course you would. That's the Edmonton model. Pile on the first overall and let them play before they are ready. They fail and that means more #1s.

What are you on about?  He mentioned he'd like to have Matthews or Chychrun; how does that translate to wanting to model our team after Edmonton?

Archived