The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Another loss...now 7-7-6

TheRussianRocket.

4 minutes ago, Marriedtothenucks said:

This was obvious from last year, and with how the season ended you would think our weak defensive depth would've been addressed. 

How? By signing Cody Franson? Please. Was a weak defense pool in free agency paired with not mich cap space to spend. 

Sooo....1 season + 25 games in and Willie needs to be fired?  After coaching our team from 6th worst to one of the top 10 teams in the league last year.  And now he needs to be fired.  Replace him with who?  Boucher?  Carlyle?  I hear Wilson and Crow are looking for work.  

Sometimes, this fan base...come on guys.  Calling for the firing of the coach?

Now Hamonic, would he look good in a Nucks uniform?  Hell yes.  Do you REALLY want Trader Jim to pull a knee jerk move right now after tonights loss and pay what Snow will want for him?  Seriously think a Hamonic would have been the answer tonight to a bigger more mobile and more aggressive Jets team that was looking to end a losing skid?  He might have gotten Sbisa'd instead of Sbisa.

Transtion year people.  Do not expect big things, expect growth expect growing pains and if you REALLY need to write love letters to management, the league or to anyone you hope might magically be listening to your please from canucks brass...than go watch curling or ringette.

I survived the early and mid 80s with this team.  I survived the late 90's and messier years.  Stating this is the worst team iced ever is laughable.  Obviously you never saw Garth Butcher or Ron Sedlbauer chugging up the ice in the flying V or original jerseys.  This team has been so much worse than losing multiple 1 goal games and making it exciting to watch in the process.

I expect to see some broken ankles and hear the "owes" of anguish from the bandwagon jumpers in short order.  We'll stop for you to jump back on after the next string of wins

As much as I lIke Higgy, I have to agree with a lot of posters around here that he screwed up our chemistry. I think he is the first casualty, at this point Higgins alone is addition by subtraction. I can see Vrby being moved at the deadline, not to sure about Hammer, if he expects a raise or similar pay then bye bye but if he agreed to a discount then he is a good bottom pairing player and vet for the young stud d we draft (hopefully)

Burr and Hansen should stay 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sooo....1 season + 25 games in and Willie needs to be fired?  After coaching our team from 6th worst to one of the top 10 teams in the league last year.  And now he needs to be fired.  Replace him with who?  Boucher?  Carlyle?  I hear Wilson and Crow are looking for work.  

Now Hamonic, would he look good in a Nucks uniform?  Hell yes.  Do you REALLY want Trader Jim to pull a knee jerk move right now after tonights loss and pay what Snow will want for him?  Seriously think a Hamonic would have been the answer tonight to a bigger more mobile and more aggressive Jets team that was looking to end a losing skid?  He might have gotten Sbisa'd instead of Sbisa.

Transtion year people.  Do not expect big things, expect growth expect growing pains and if you REALLY need to write love letters to management, the league or to anyone you hope might magically be listening to your please from canucks brass...than go watch curling or ringette.

I survived the early and mid 80s with this team.  I survived the late 90's and messier years.  Stating this is the worst team iced ever is laughable.  Obviously you never saw Garth Butcher or Ron Sedlbauer chugging up the ice in the flying V or original jerseys.  This team has been so much worse than losing multiple 1 goal games and making it exciting to watch in the process.

I expect to see some broken ankles and hear the "owes" of anguish from the bandwagon jumpers in short order.  We'll stop for you to jump back on after the next string of wins

one of the best posts of the night.

guys who think this is bad havent watched the team pin their hopes on Brian Bradley or feeling excitement over Dan Quinn on the PP because he tucked his jersey in like Wayne Gretzky.

This team shot their load in 2011, they gave up picks to build that team while drafting in the bottom 10 for a few years surrounding 2011.

Queue the down turn.  Its not a lack of effort or heart, they arent good enough.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well said,  but are you really surprised? Kids these days aren't the way they used to be, I'll tell you that ..

2 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Of course you would. That's the Edmonton model. Pile on the first overall and let them play before they are ready. They fail and that means more #1s.

10 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Another fan of the Edmonton rebuild program.

Tell me how trading vets is a part of the Edmonton rebuild program? They just suck with the players they had. At trade deadline there are sellers and buyers and were not buyers thats for damn sure. What's wrong with giving up vets for picks/prospects?

Just now, Darius71 said:

one of the best posts of the night.

guys who think this is bad havent watched the team pin their hopes on Brian Bradley or feeling excitement over Dan Quinn on the PP because he tucked his jersey in like Wayne Gretzky.

This team shot their load in 2011, they gave up picks to build that team while drafting in the bottom 10 for a few years surrounding 2011.

Queue the down turn.  Its not a lack of effort or heart, they arent good enough.

This current fan base would have run out to purchase their barry pederson jerseys the moment neely was traded....

1 minute ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Tell me how trading vets is a part of the Edmonton rebuild program? They just suck with the players they had. At trade deadline there are sellers and buyers and were not buyers thats for damn sure. What's wrong with giving up vets for picks/prospects?

It's only good to keep vets that are setting good examples for the kids IMO.

The Sedins, Burrows, Hansen, Prust, and Dorsett are great leaders for the young guys.

Higgins, Hamhuis, Vrbata, and Weber can all go. I would throw in Edler and Miller, but I don't think they'll be going till next year at least.

5 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Trading vets is part of the Edmonton program in the sense that once you trade the vets then you have to play the kids whether they are ready or not. Now, WD has the option of playing the vets. And if you think that this team would do better with only kids, then you have not watched Edmonton for the last 10 years. The Edmonton program is about letting the kids fail and piling up high draft picks. But it is an endless run around.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This current fan base would have run out to purchase their barry pederson jerseys the moment neely was traded....

Generalize much?  Air pretty thin up there where you live? 

I lived through all those years as well.  Doesn't mean I have to sit by and be silent about a team that is under-performing.  It sounds like you and some others are giving the vets a pass.  Maybe they feel the same way you do, that this team isn't good enough so why bother fighting hard. 

If I have to watch these guys lose, I'd at least like to see the enthusiasm the kids bring.  Watching Higgins skate around for 17 minutes and achieve absolutely 0 (shots, hits, take-aways etc.) is not my idea of entertainment.

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Generalize much?  Air pretty thin up there where you live? 

I lived through all those years as well.  Doesn't mean I have to sit by and be silent about a team that is under-performing.  It sounds like you and some others are giving the vets a pass.  Maybe they feel the same way you do, that this team isn't good enough so why bother fighting hard. 

If I have to watch these guys lose, I'd at least like to see the enthusiasm the kids bring.  Watching Higgins skate around for 17 minutes and achieve absolutely 0 (shots, hits, take-aways etc.) is not my idea of entertainment.

I know what you mean. Give me the Oilers of the last 10 years, now that was entertainment, so much enthusiasm!

we have better management than the oilers had ...   we have better management than the oilers have now ..    while we may be in a rebuild it doesn't mean that we will suck like the oilers have or for as long ..    I truly believe that our g.m has a great eye for the kind of prospects that will give you the best chance of going far in the playoffs ..  he picks winners .. and by that i mean he picks guys who wanna win more than other players do .  

he won't pick the same , soft perimeter players that a steaming dump of a team like the coilers chose  .

benning has shown that already .    prepare for a couple tough years folks .  and then prepare to watch us run over teams that wish they would have hired our g.m  

Archived