The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the next coach of the Vancouver Canucks

RU SERIOUS

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Results speak for themselves.  Willie is approaching the end of his leash, so when do you think Management calls it a day with Willie and who do you think should replace him?

2013/2014 Canucks finished 24th with 83 points drafted 6th

2014/2015 Canucks finished 2nd in division 101 points....

Results speak for themselves.

Unless of course you want to take a flyer on Boucher?  Crow?  Carlyle or Wilson?

1 season + 20 games and "fire the coach"

Just now, Warhippy said:

Unless of course you want to take a flyer on Boucher?  Crow?  Carlyle or Wilson?

You didn't get the memo ? WD is supposed to improve on a 101 point pace with a half dozen rookies making their NHL debuts in the first 20 games ! 

Just now, hlinkas wrister said:

You didn't get the memo ? WD is supposed to improve on a 101 point pace with a half dozen rookies making their NHL debuts in the first 20 games ! 

crap sorry...I forgot if we didn't beat the Habs 76 record we're losers

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Torts year was a freak year.

The team was expected to bounce back.

WD is a bad coach.

Tend to agree. I mean really. How many times can you loose a hockey game in the exact same way before somebody above you says enough is enough. Classic example in the third tonight. Baertschi has a great shift. His reward? He gets stapled to the pine for 8 minutes. Even the announcers made mention of it. Great shift and now he sits?? No sooner do they say that and he comes on the ice and generates one of the best scoring chances for the Canuck sin the third period. I believe it was Horvat that couldn't convert the set up by Burrows after Baertschi did all the work. Where does he go? You guessed it. Back to shinning the pine with his butt. Game after game after game after game. Same. Same Same. Shorten the bench. Go to the vets. Sit the kids. Vet coughs it up. Canucks loose. If the kids coughed up the puck as much as the vets have this season, they would NEVER see the ice, yet vet aftervet after vet gets a free pass for crappy play and the kids sit. (???) YET!! It's the kids that are here to replace the vets that are screwing up. I wonder what the kids are learning and what must be going through their minds when they see their so called "mentors" playing like crap and coughing up the puck all over the ice? When the kids finally do see the ice they have zero confidence or little idea what to do because they already know that if are even within 20 feet of a puck that gets coughed up or turned over they ride the pine for the next 10 minutes. (??)

Willie? Hello? WE ARE LOOSING! It's the vets and YOUR decisions that are costing us games! Play the kids!! Sit the vets!! We may still loose but I guarantee you it will be more exciting and much less predictable than what's been going on for the first 20 games of this season.  

I am definately not advocating firing him today but if things don't change by christmas he's gone.  Torts had us top 10 in the league until dec 30.  Then we only managed to pick up 12 wins in the final 41 games.  We did have a poor roster.  Our fourth line was a bunch of scrubs,  A rookie goalie with less than 20 games became our #1, Henrik, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Burrows all had significant injuries and Kesler was sulking wanting out.  Torts was a head case but the canucks currently are on that 12 wins in 41 games territory.  

I do fully expect us to have a much better December and turn this around, but the good news is, worst case scenario, canucks do have a really good coach waiting in the wings.  

I tend to see WD here for awhile yet .perhaps at game 41 or so it will be evaluation time right now he seems to be getting a hall pass mistakes an all ,It is on him to balance an turn this around, if he can? He has made some strange deployment selections on special teams an in the third shortening the line up too three lines an has hurt overall ,as well as critical injurys .Thank god for the try points or we would be in lottery draft sweepstakes running.It also remains to be seen if attendance will be impacted by teams play .If the fans stay away in droves then I would think owners will ursurp authority an force the hand to do something drastic but do not really expect this .We could expect at very least he would be here until end of season with this group of players.not gonna be pretty to watch with WD current format of losing games an what after all only 5 games more to win until game 41 to tie Torts this can be done an we can be better I hope.

18 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I am definately not advocating firing him today but if things don't change by christmas he's gone.  Torts had us top 10 in the league until dec 30.  Then we only managed to pick up 12 wins in the final 41 games.  We did have a poor roster.  Our fourth line was a bunch of scrubs,  A rookie goalie with less than 20 games became our #1, Henrik, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Burrows all had significant injuries and Kesler was sulking wanting out.  Torts was a head case but the canucks currently are on that 12 wins in 41 games territory.  

I do fully expect us to have a much better December and turn this around, but the good news is, worst case scenario, canucks do have a really good coach waiting in the wings.  

And a top three pick in June?

Every coach goes through up's and downs in the NHL . All this FIRE "WD" crap is non sense like the bottom feeders would have already gone thru their coaches a few time this season. He'll be here for a few more years on the learning curb,  so settle down Christ chill out

Archived