The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the next coach of the Vancouver Canucks

RU SERIOUS

the Aquilini are already paying two coaches.

Just would not surprise me to see some moves I remember alot of times over the years alot of  coaches have gone 8-9-1  an were sacked when they did not meet expectations.I am not suggesting this will happen nor do I want that .We need to batton down the hatches for the long haul here an deal with it .Nothing will change overnight not the coaching not the rut the team is in or the big holes on D.The overall team play an performance will be impacted by the quality of the product on the ice right now it is a work in progress.It makes for tough fan support after last years 101 points an early exit from playoffs folks are optimistic an hopeful this team can do better or as well as last year ,which is probably a not realistic expectation at this point in time but to develop the young guys is a good enough of an offset for me to watch an continue to support the product,but can be painful some games.

You really think this roster's going to do something different with another coach? WD coach a pretty mediocre team last year and made them a 100-point team. Now, that doesn't mean that WD himself did all that. But, he contributed ALOT to it. And firing him now is a panic button bone-headed move that doesn't solve anything in the long run.

He won't be, our record as of late definitely isn't all on him anyway. We flat out haven't played very well and that's on the guys (with a few exceptions) as well as the coaching staff.

We'll either turn it around or ride it out til next season. Willie isn't going anywhere any time soon, nor should he.

How about the guy who runs the PP? The same for over 3 years, complete failure to develop a decent 2nd unit. Sedins get all the ice time even if they are having a bad game. Willie is subpar in strategy, we knew that since the beginning but he is supposed to be able to develop young players since he did "real good" in the AHL. I do not know what our assistants get paid for, we get outcoached by veteran coaches 

Another few years I think we can then turn to a strategy type guy when our team has a clear style of play. By that time who knows what coaching stud will be a FA

Before the season started CDC was all: "Man, I really hope management lets the rookies play this year. We're going to miss the playoffs anyways, lets give them some ice-time! We can handle it! At least we'll get to watch our exciting rookies!"

20 games into the season playing .500 hockey: "FIRE EVERYONE! TRADE EVERYONE! WE GOT 6 ROOKIES PLAYING AND WE AREN'T LEADING THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously, I'm sure half of the world's bipolar population dwells on CDC. We're 10 points off the league lead.

If the idea is to develop the kids in a winning environment, Willie is failing.

I thought Bylsma would have been a great coach for this team, but from what is out there, I would suggest Carlyle.

If he knows his mandate is to develop the youth and try to remain competitive, you would have a great coach for Van.

Just now, ButcherG said:

If the idea is to develop the kids in a winning environment, Willie is failing.

I'm sorry but that is an oxymoron. No team contending for the cup would have 5 rookies on it.

Tonight our 2nd PP unit had 3 rookie forwards. They would never get that kind of icetime in a "winning environment".

Either we develop our young players and draft high, or we contend for a Stanley Cup. You can't have both.

7 hours ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Willie? Hello? WE ARE LOOSING! It's the vets and YOUR decisions that are costing us games! Play the kids!! Sit the vets!! We may still loose but I guarantee you it will be more exciting and much less predictable than what's been going on for the first 20 games of this season.  

Actually we're losing but the team may be playing too loose. That aside did you notice Baertschi was on the ice for two goals against last night? Baertschi -2, Horvat -2, McCann -1, Hutton -2.... stupid veterans. I think we're really missing Sutter tbh.

30 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Actually we're losing but the team may be playing too loose. That aside did you notice Baertschi was on the ice for two goals against last night? Baertschi -2, Horvat -2, McCann -1, Hutton -2.... stupid veterans. I think we're really missing Sutter tbh.

The minus was shelled out team wide, you expect rooks to get a bunch but the are holding their own vs the vets.

4 hours ago, Nucks-4-Life said:

I'm sorry but that is an oxymoron. No team contending for the cup would have 5 rookies on it.

Tonight our 2nd PP unit had 3 rookie forwards. They would never get that kind of icetime in a "winning environment".

Either we develop our young players and draft high, or we contend for a Stanley Cup. You can't have both.

You are exactly right. I could see incorporating one, maybe two rookies fairly seamlessly into a winning lineup but the fact is Gillis left us with a lack serviceable options between our vets and rookies. Result ? We have a bunch of players who have rightfully played their way onto the team but probably shouldn't have been able to. I guess we will have be satisfied with the kids being brought up in a "competitive" environment instead of a winning one.

29 minutes ago, Baggins said:

The "play the rookies more / in the third" refrain is getting a little tired frankly, and the people who continuously keep parroting it will unfortunately just ignore cold hard facts like those stats Baggins. Sutter has been a massive loss, Bo is not ready to be a 2C.    

Archived