The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Think Alex Edler is a Liability

Drewismyname

1 hour ago, Drewismyname said:

Like I said, to prove my point, if the Canucks are scored on more than once tonight, and Edler isn't on the ice for either of them, 

I will never post in Canucks Talk again.     Get a list of excuses ready Deb, Stonker, etc. 

Congratulations on your extended stay on CDC.

I still hope we won't get scored on again tonight, however.

25 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

So, you agree he is a liability out there then? B) 

I think with the "mosquito" term, it's more like saying "we get that you think Edler's a liability."

Don't quit your day-job in the process for trying out for town crier. You can put down the speaker phone. We heard you.

Both goals

19 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I think with the "mosquito" term, it's more like saying "we get that you think Edler's a liability."

Don't quit your day-job in the process for trying out for town crier. You can put down the speaker phone. We heard you.

Town crier? Huh? Speakerphone? This is a forum bud. We all type with the same number of keys on the keyboard, it's not my fault I can argue my points so well that it attracts aggression from the riot crew. 

So, let me get this straight......The burrows thread is okay to bump every time he scores, but this one isn't okay? 

I'm just posting in a thread. You're dramatizing it by making it personal. The thread is about Edler, not me. Oh hey he was on the ice for another goal. I must be crying again. Every time a poster has a differing opinion, it's okay to get personal with them, so long as the attack is led by you. Oh, and I don't understand the whole speaking for the rest of the forum, when there is ample proof of at least 50% (I would say even more) agreement that he is a liability. 

What a sad state of affairs. 

8 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Both goals

Town crier? Huh? 

So, let me get this straight......The burrows thread is okay to bump every time he scores, but this one isn't okay? 

I'm just posting in a thread. You're dramatizing it by making it personal. The thread is about Edler, not me. Oh hey he was on the ice for another goal. I must be crying again. 

What does this have to do with the Burrows thread and bumping that? (and actually I don't care for that thread anyway).

Actually, it's a thread about your opinion about Edler and not entirely about Edler. So, if you want this to be about Edler and not you, then don't make it personal. ;)

Opinions are personal. This thread is about you probably more than you realise. lol

EDIT: And yes, go cry about it. I really don't care as your opinion's not my opinion. :)

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

What does this have to do with the Burrows thread and bumping that? (and actually I don't care for that thread anyway).

Actually, it's a thread about your opinion about Edler and not entirely about Edler. So, if you want this to be about Edler and not you, then don't make it personal. ;)

Opinions are personal. This thread is about you probably more than you realise. lol

EDIT: And yes, go cry about it. I really don't care as your opinion's not my opinion. :)

I don't follow..

I'm not crying about anything. I'm documenting the terrible play by Alex Edler

Hey look, another goal against with Edler on the ice. That's 3/3 tonight!

mosquito.jpg

7 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

I don't follow..

I'm not crying about anything. I'm documenting the terrible play by Alex Edler

Hey, all I'm saying is this is a thread about your opinion of Edler. Nothing more. If you can't follow that, I can't help you. ;)

Edler is the main reason why this team is sucking wind. He is the senior dman on the top pairing and shows a horrible level of intensity and consistency. 

He is average in every facet of the game and other teams know it. 

No defensmen will learn anything from watching Edler fumble around in his own end. He is merely an average defenseman and that's all he'll ever be. 

If Benning, Linden, and Desjardins don't see this, the team will suffer for it. 

28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Hey, all I'm saying is this is a thread about your opinion of Edler. Nothing more. If you can't follow that, I can't help you. ;)

Every thread made is about the opinion of it's creator. 

I predict that unless this thread is closed, it will become more about facts than opinion. A player who pads his +/- by playing with the sedins..just look to 2013 and his -39. Oh, yea blame Torts. The guy with a cup ring. 

Also, I didn't ask for your help. 

4 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Every thread made is about the opinion of it's creator. 

I predict that unless this thread is closed, it will become more about facts than opinion. A player who pads his +/- by playing with the sedins..just look to 2013 and his -39. Oh, yea blame Torts. The guy with a cup ring. 

Also, I didn't ask for your help. 

um.... lol?

EDIT: I will say this... Torts got the cup ring from being in the right time at the right place.

3 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

I didn't think you were allowed to type out posts with no substance like you just did.

I realised that after so I edited it (although it pretty much displayed my real life reaction quite well I think. lol

Anyway, my point is that an opinion is personal; therefore, saying this thread's not personal's kind of futile.

But I don't really care. Have fun pointing out flaws.....

Yes he is, and hopefully we can get some juicy assets for him. I'm not complaining, cause he contributes to the tank, but yes, his defensive deficiencies are very real, and rarely they DON'T show through, which brainwashes some Canucks fans to never want to criticize him. He's in the group of the old Canucks that would always crack under pressure, and that's not a good role model to have for our rookies.

Archived