The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] ESPN: canucks "waiting" to discuss extension with vrbata

Canucks Curse

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/40088/rumblings-canucks-waiting-to-start-contract-talks-with-radim-vrbata

also heard it on team 1040. The article says they are waiting to talk to him. team 1040 said they heard speculation they were entering early discusssion

yikes! perhpas 2 more years of  for this soft sometimes sniper??? wasn't that money suposed to go to Lucic or Ladd?

I rather have Lucic or Ladd at 6mill or more than have vrbata at 4 mill

what is going on? this is like the sbisa contract, premature and unnecessary.

I hope it is a sign and trade

Just now, Tig'ol Bitties said:

Yeah, 'cause that's not going to have a negative effect on UFA's who are trying to decide if they want to come here later on at all.:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if it's one of those, where the agent is involved with a team he sees the Canucks trading Vrby to, but the trade can only go through if there is a contract in place?  Vrby and his agent would be on board.  For example, the islanders would be interested in him, but only if signed to a couple more years.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The only way they would be discussing an extension is to increase his perceived value to us and therefore boost his trade deadline value slightly.

But, don't you think his value, at the TDL, would be higher if he's a UFA?

Just now, Alflives said:

But, don't you think his value, at the TDL, would be higher if he's a UFA?

He will be a pending UFA because I highly doubt we offer him a contract.

My point was if teams think that we wanna re-sign him, it might up his value a bit. It's all about perception sometimes.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He will be a pending UFA because I highly doubt we offer him a contract.

My point was if teams think that we wanna re-sign him, it might up his value a bit. It's all about perception sometimes.

I was thinking a team might be interested in trading for him, but only if he was signed, so he wouldn't just leave in June.  Maybe the islanders are interested?

Archived