The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] ESPN: canucks "waiting" to discuss extension with vrbata

Canucks Curse

11 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Your comment actually shocked me...I had to double check and make sure it wasn't a CANUKTRAVELA post. I certainly have come to expect MUCH MORE from you Gordon.

Yup.  Everyone needs a good whoopin', whether they deserve it or not.  Just ask that Adrien Peterson.  He knows about whoopin.

Vrbata has done his part. If this team is not going to be a playoff team with the way they're playing (although it's still very early), I see no reason why Vrbata will stay. If we do re-sign Vrbata, I want it to be very short and the $$ better be worth keeping him for.

I mean the other alternative is to trade Hamhuis/Vrbata near Trade Deadline and send one or both to a contender looking to make a cup run ie Rangers, Predators, etc. Otherwise, it's Free Agency and ideally I don't want to lose Vrbata for vitually nothing.

Vrbata should be traded sooner rather than later. I suspect the reason he has dried up is he knows he's not part of the Canucks' future plan.

Some people can't fake it to make it.  Some will raise their value and make it hard for management to make a decision. Other players hand that decision on a silver plate.

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He will be a pending UFA because I highly doubt we offer him a contract.

My point was if teams think that we wanna re-sign him, it might up his value a bit. It's all about perception sometimes.

Yeah. Resigning Vrbata would be immensely counterproductive on Benning's part. 

the trade deadline the last two or three years only got my expectations sky high with a big crashing dud back to earth.I am not actually endorsing a signing unless JB has an offer for him but the offer is conditional on more security needed in order to do the deal .This is one way of possibly doing this.I really have wanted him gone since the flames flamed us last spring he has filled the transition roll for us we now have a snipper in McCann who fills his roll with more passion an speed as well as skill.

I would look at every possibilty an probabilty at doing something with him now due diligence on a diminishing contract an possibly being lost at end of season for nothing urks me more.I look at few years ago when the Habs picked up Vanek he was considered a bust by most Montreal fans on their playoff run .So I really do not see us moving him at deadline alot of teams know the trade offs an offsets might not pay in light of what they would give up for the said player of this talen.Clearly he was a back fill player an not of the mold the team has been trying to redirect itself ,no slight on Vrbata I was happy to have had him fill the void for the past 14 or so months. But his due date in Van has somewhat expired now he needs a change.Unless he resigns extension for around $2.5 million at two years an team option to move him at their discretion enough of the ntc bs.We are a handcuffed enough team as it is

Its Eklund but he syas Canucks and Habs talking vrbata - this makes complete sense to me. While MTL should ideally get a rugged top 6 guy, there are not many of those in the game and there are not many top 6 guys available in any case and thee is no arguing Vrbata is a top 6 maybe top 3 player when the spirit moves him. He would do better in the east any way.

I say Vrbata + Jensen for MTLs 2016 1st

I've been saying Vrbata to Montreal makes sense for awhile. Him and Plekanec have played together multiple times during international play, and he just seems like a Montreal type player.

We would have to take a cap dump in return to make it work. My guess would be they wanna get rid of Semin.

5 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Its Eklund but he syas Canucks and Habs talking vrbata - this makes complete sense to me. While MTL should ideally get a rugged top 6 guy, there are not many of those in the game and there are not many top 6 guys available in any case and thee is no arguing Vrbata is a top 6 maybe top 3 player when the spirit moves him. He would do better in the east any way.

I say Vrbata + Jensen for MTLs 2016 1st

I doubt jb is looking for picks.  He'll be looking for players, likely dmen, in the 20-23 range.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I doubt jb is looking for picks.  He'll be looking for players, likely dmen, in the 20-23 range.

Vrbata for Tinordi?

Alright I guess since Tinordi would likely cost a team a 2nd round pick. I think we could get more than that for Vrbata at the deadline though. Might be worth it to wait.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Vrbata for Tinordi?

Alright I guess since Tinordi would likely cost a team a 2nd round pick. I think we could get more than that for Vrbata at the deadline though. Might be worth it to wait.

A Pedan/tinordi pairing would be sweet.  Tgeyd have a lot to talk about

16 hours ago, LaBamba said:

You guys are idiots. 

When a GM is interested in acquiring a player they don't physically scout the player. They go online, look up his stats and cruse the message boards to analyze the players on ice skillz

We need to start praising the players we don't want so they are traded for lucrative returnz. 

If I was a team looking for the final piece to send me into Lord Stanley's mug Vrbata would be the guy. 

Id call Benning and be like, "just shut up and take what you want." I won't be needing pick number 30 of the draft either, so you can throw that in your cart. 

smart AF right here. We need THIS

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:
11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I've been saying Vrbata to Montreal makes sense for awhile. Him and Plekanec have played together multiple times during international play, and he just seems like a Montreal type player.

We would have to take a cap dump in return to make it work. My guess would be they wanna get rid of Semin.

Whoah there!! Pump the brakes bud... Semin is like EBOLA in terms of locker room chemistry he is the stereotypical soft Russian sulks all the time doesn't give full effort cheats on playing d. 

The guy should be in the KHL with Kovalchuk and Radulov by now. Surprised he has stuck out this long even with buyout money still coming from Carolina.

No way Canucks take him on if they thought Zack Kassian would be a bad influence on the young guys they had coming in this year.

• 1 month later...

If it is a fair cap hit, then I would be happy to have the Vrbata nack. While we have a lot of up and coming young rookies and prospects, it seems we are pretty good with the center and left wing position. There are not too many good up and coming right wingers coming up in the pipes. Signind Vrbata will give them time to develop a top six or be a valuable trade chip in the future.

Archived