The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canadiens interested in Vrbata (Eklund)

canuktravella

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

I'm sure the Canadiens are eager to make another trade with JB, considering how good the Kassian deal worked out for them.

That's unfair to say, they knew what they were getting into with Kassian. They truly did.

On the other hand, MG was trying to get Tinordi out of MTL for awhile. We even bought the plane ticket when when shipping Weise out east

Just now, Alflives said:

Yes,but if they insist we take Semin too, do you still do it?  

Not directed at me, but I would do that. Try Semin with the Sedins and waive him after the WJC if it doesn't work. It would end our season if it didn't but I truly think rentals are going the way of the Dodo (Vrbata)

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Montreal needs 20 goal guys. They need to go all in this season, so that means loading up on offense.

Vrbata has been poor, but there's no way this slump continues. Any team that trades for him will likely get the majority of his 20 goals in the 2nd half of the season.

He's also 7th in the league for shots on goal. Vrbatas shooting percentage is at 4.4%. I think it's more just bad luck than anything, the averages will eventually even out.

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So this Eklund is now a vetted source?  I'm not sold on any on these sources really, as no GM will tip his hand.  Any of us could make up trades that appear somewhat logical, and therefore somewhat believable.  The fun here is discussing the potential of a trade.  If the source is one of us, or some guy named Eklund, is it really more than simply a proposed possibility based only on ones own predictions, and therefore, a source is a redundancy?

There's been a long argument on Ek being a source. I don't believe it. Because he's often wrong and very rarely is he right. 

It's sort of like a blind pig finds the odd truffle. 

Semin being involved in a deal us a non issue. He has a $1.1 m cap hit. $900k if it can be hidden in the minors if need be. So it really doesn't have a positive or negative effect on any trade. Montreal can put him in the minors just as easily as Vancouver can 

4 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Vrbata for a 2016 1st 

He's likely not going to fetch a first. With the likes of Vermette and Sekera fetching firsts last year an argument can be made but Chicago was desperate to fill the potential void left by Kaner and his injury and LA was desperate to make the playoffs. At this point and time given his performance thus far it isn't even worth trading him as his value isn't that high. I'd wait and see where the team and vrbata's performance is at come feb/March and then make a move. 

Well I haven't seen Tinordi since he was in Alberni at a tournament on during the under 18's or 17's i think... But did he ever stick out then.... In a good big way.  He also captained that US team... 

Wonder how he has been doing....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarred_Tinordi

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&report=skatersummary&season=20152016&gameType=2&aggregate=0&teamId=8&pos=D

Looks like he hasn't played a game ?

Nty to tinordi. Overrated big time... Jokes aside I'd prefer Biega or hell even fedun over him. 

Vrbata has been snake bitten... He's still a terrific player.  

I'd expect packages like the below 

Vrbata for Weise 1st 

Vrbata for Eller straight up 

Not much else I would be happy with. I personally hope we re up vrby. I'd be ok if we got one of the above deals though. 

Jarred Tinordi, a former first-round pick of the Canadiens, has been with the club all season and has yet to play a game. Two defenders in Nashville – Victor Bartley and Anthony Bitetto – have been on the Predators roster for most of the season and have played twice – combined.

quoted from another user from other thread... thnks

1. Why trade for older players like Semin who'll be retiring when our younger crop of players begin to hit their stride?

2. Tinordi is overrated. You don't get drafted in the first round and then get tossed aside for nothing. I'm guessing he's not the player the Canadians projected he was gonna be. Ex. Baertchi. 

We need to trade for younger players and picks.

20 minutes ago, apollo said:

Nty to tinordi. Overrated big time... Jokes aside I'd prefer Biega or hell even fedun over him. 

Vrbata has been snake bitten... He's still a terrific player.  

I'd expect packages like the below 

Vrbata for Weise 1st 

Vrbata for Eller straight up 

Not much else I would be happy with. I personally hope we re up vrby. I'd be ok if we got one of the above deals though. 

Vrbata isn't worth anywhere close to either of those deals. But don't worry. Considering the source it's highly unlikely there's anything to this rumour. 

Archived