The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver-Montreal [Proposal]

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So Gallagher is out indefinitely after blocking a Boychuk-blast. Maybe they'd bite on Vrbata about now?

Yeah, they were already looking for a right winger, now they really need to make a move to acquire one.

On 2015-11-21, 5:01:43, Canucks Curse said:

would absolutely love Juulsen, I wanted JB to pick him so bad at the draft.

Vrbata + Hansen for Juulsen +2nd +3rd

you have to understand that Vrbata has negative value, i.e. he is not worth his cap hit. This is like when we traded Kassian, we had to throw in a pick for Montreal to give us Prust because Kasian had negative value. Only if we retain Vrbata's salary is he not negative. Then he becomes plain worthless, which is better- so maybe our 5th rounder back from Montreal?

6 hours ago, Agoork said:

Yeah, they were already looking for a right winger, now they really need to make a move to acquire one.

They don't NEED to make a move. They're sitting atop the standings. They have a number of good prospects they can call up and players like Weise and fleishmann who can fill in. Playoffs are a long way off. Bergevin won't make a panic move. 

On 11/21/2015, 9:42:07, smithers joe said:

i would think, more like tinordi and a 2nd for vrbata.....

Yep... that is about the right valuation.  At the deadline "if" Vrbata picks up his game there is an outside shot at getting a REALLY late 1st rounder, but really there won't be any deals significantly better than this in the offing.

For those saying we already have some giant D in the pipeline, don't assume they are going to make it to the big leagues anytime soon if ever.

Archived