The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ferraro(det) Granberg(tor)

86Viking

Ferraro we didn't really need. If we were gonna make a spot available, I'd rather have Gaunce or Grenier take it. He would have been an upgrade over Cracknell though.

I wouldn't have minded us picking up Granberg. We could really use D depth right now. Maybe Benning is planning to call up Pedan.

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ferraro we didn't really need. If we were gonna make a spot available, I'd rather have Gaunce or Grenier take it.

I wouldn't have minded us picking up Granberg though. We could really use D depth right now. Maybe Benning is planning to call up Pedan.

Or has a deal for Hamonic?  Or???

Lets hope so anyway...

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Or has a deal for Hamonic?  Or???

Lets hope so anyway...

Doesn't sound like it. Unless Benning is just playing the media game.

They want a top 4 D-man in return. That means they probably asked for Tanev or Edler. I doubt Benning has interest in moving either at this point.

3 hours ago, BettyWhites44 said:

I think the only reason we didn't pick up Granberg is because we're at the 50 contract limit already.

Source? General Fanager says 45 currently.

I'm not surprised we didn't put in a claim but I wouldn't have minded. That said, I don't know a tonne about Granberg and I'd assume the brass didn't see enough to warrant putting in a claim.

20 hours ago, BettyWhites44 said:

I think the only reason we didn't pick up Granberg is because we're at the 50 contract limit already.

Junior contracts slide....besides that even if we were at 50 to start the year we lost Frankie to the leafs.

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

We had priority over Nashville, so evidently JB didn't want him.  Pretty sure we have available contract space, and I highly doubt the bottom/pressbox D on Nashville are worse than ours.  Not to mention he has a history with Edler.  Bit of a head-scratcher, hopefully someone asks him about it sometime.

What is to ask and what would be the point? You already know the answer. They didn't want him. Case closed.

13 hours ago, Z Hockey said:

Dad Ray who does a lot of TSN games in Vancouver, and lives here, would love Landon here. I'd be interested in both, still decent prospects with nice intangibles.

No I'm pretty sure ray hates the Canucks. Like, really really really hates. 

Or that's what I figure from the garbage I hear him say year after year 

22 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

We had priority over Nashville, so evidently JB didn't want him.  Pretty sure we have available contract space, and I highly doubt the bottom/pressbox D on Nashville are worse than ours.  Not to mention he has a history with Edler.  Bit of a head-scratcher, hopefully someone asks him about it sometime.

Thing with Granberg is, he is a positional defenseman. There isn't much upside there. He will never be more than a bottom pairing guy. He has had a better go in the AHL because he can make for his lack of mobility with smart situational play. I don't want to write him off but he is a severely limited player at the NHL level and I don't think the Canucks have enough mobility on the blue line to compensate for his deficiencies.

I think Ferraro was the much better claim and I cannot believe that some of the teams close to the bottom didn't consider picking him up. I think he is playing under the right coach who should be able to get the most out of him.

Archived