The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] New Jersey Devils VS. Vancouver Canucks, Nov 22, 7:00 PM

TheGuardian_

It is a huge week for the Nucks.

Coming off an inspiring win over the Blackhawks, the Nucks will face a somewhat rested Devils.

Currently the Nucks are in a dog fight for a playoff position, I don't find their position in the standings disturbing, to me, what is disturbing is just how good the Sedins are playing, yeah, it's kind of a stupid comment, but, I hate to see these guys use up the last of their careers without a good chance at a cup, just one more time. They deserve it, man are they playing good. The other thing is just how important they are to the team...and that's scary because when they go.....where in the heck is the team going to find replacements?

The Devils come off a spanking by Edmonton and just witnessed an incredible third period domination by the Sedins over the Hawks, so they will be ready, but then a lot of teams are, only to be awed by these twin future HOF players.

To say the Nucks will face a stiffer challenge today is not off the mark. Regardless, the Nucks should prevail.

Sutter, Vrbata, Hutton and who else will be out, missing these regulars should have hurt the team but instead they seemed to spur the twins to even higher levels of play. WD did the only thing he could, like Torts, he rode the Sedins and like Torts, they carried the team for him.   

Virtanen has to start to use his offensive skills, his speed and shot, he has to start driving the net as often as he driving opposition players against the boards, he is scary fast but appears to be too concerned with staying on the defensive side of the puck.

Baertschi had way too much pressure put on him even before the first puck dropped by being put on a pedestal by management, no doubt the kid has skill, but he to looks to be more concerned with defence than offence AND he seems to shy away from contact, at this point couldn't Shinkruk do better?

Wow, you can get tickets in the lower bowl for $100. That's cheaper than Winnipeg prices. Here's hoping for some bottom 6 offence. Team is really short on its second line, especially without Sutter and Vrby--but even then... Perhaps switch lines 2 and 3 for this game. Higgins, Virtanen, and Bo should only have 3rd line duties this year.  At least they held up well defensively last night.  

Bear gets the winning goal for a 3 - 2 shoot out win 

I just want us to score 5 or 6 goals tonight let the score sheet do the talking .Right now we are the best 8 win team after 21 games in a playoff spot .Another win at home is good enough for me here .

5-2  Sedins again an Bear Horvatt line come too life please on the score sheet an score

Wanted to + this...ran out.

Really looking forward to this one...love having 2 games in a weekend.  Best.

The guys are on a high but can't let that get in the way....a big win must be followed by a determined and solid effort.  You don't get a head start by way of a good win the night before.

I'm calling 3-1 us.  Burr with 2, Hansen with the other.

Tootoo much....can't wait.

28 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

If Jordan Tootoo really didn't like what Burrows said to him, really thought it was offside, then now is the time to drop the mitts and do something of substance about it. Old school. Beats complaining about it post-game. Looking forward to it.

He had his chance...I'd think he should let it go by NHL/Bertuzzi standards.  Although, by the good ol' hockey code, no.  But with all the lip service about cleaning things up, retaliation that goes beyond each game becomes something different.

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Wanted to + this...ran out.

Really looking forward to this one...love having 2 games in a weekend.  Best.

The guys are on a high but can't let that get in the way....a big win must be followed by a determined and solid effort.  You don't get a head start by way of a good win the night before.

I'm calling 3-1 us.  Burr with 2, Hansen with the other.

Tootoo much....can't wait.

I gave you a plus to give to OP. That's how it works right?

41 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

If Jordan Tootoo really didn't like what Burrows said to him, really thought it was offside, then now is the time to drop the mitts and do something of substance about it. Old school. Beats complaining about it post-game. Looking forward to it.

Question is: what will Burrows do if Tootoo challenges him?

• -SN- featured this topic
  • -SN- unfeatured this topic

Archived