The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks Recall Pedan, Reassign Fedun

Robongo

5 minutes ago, homersexual said:

Does Benning get frequent flyer miles or something. Why does he keep calling guys up to sit in the press box and then send them back down to call someone else up.

Pretty sure they get paid a little more for coming up with the big club even if it's for a few days. Likely just rewarding guys. 

Hopefully Bart comes out. Dude can't win a battle. 

3 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Pretty sure they get paid a little more for coming up with the big club even if it's for a few days. Likely just rewarding guys.

Hopefully Bart comes out. Dude can't win a battle. 

He has been underwhelming in the limited role he has, for sure. Hopefully Benning doesn't get all sentimental and resign him.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He has been underwhelming in the limited role he has, for sure. Hopefully Benning doesn't get all sentimental and resign him.

he's a 6/7 dman, he's going to have brain farts.......however, I think he has exceeded expectations for his position on the ladder.  He's far more physical than I expected him to be.

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

he's a 6/7 dman, he's going to have brain farts.......however, I think he has exceeded expectations for his position on the ladder.  He's far more physical than I expected him to be.

The problem is regularly playing him/Weber in the top 4...

37 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I hope he plays well and adding his physicality will be 'nice' but realistically he'll make very little difference. Our problems on D aren't the bottom pairing guys. It's a lack of quality and quantity in the top 4. Never mind uncomplimentary roles.

13 minutes ago, billabong said:

I don't understand the point of calling him up to watch a game than sending him back down. Kinda wasting our number ofcall ups here Benning 

I think it's just precautionary. With Sbisa coming back from injury they didn't wanna risk getting caught without enough D-men.

Especially in a back to back situation.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think it's just precautionary. With Sbisa coming back from injury they didn't wanna risk getting caught without enough D-men.

Especially in a back to back situation.

Than they shoulda just kept fedun around for the time being. They clearly liked him and chose to called him up before pedan, it doesn't make sense. I think something might have happened behind the scenes

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

Than they shoulda just kept fedun around for the time being. They clearly liked him and chose to called him up before pedan, it doesn't make sense. I think something might have happened behind the scenes

Utica probably needs Fedun more. Or maybe a trade is in the works, who knows.

1 hour ago, homersexual said:

Does Benning get frequent flyer miles or something. Why does he keep calling guys up to sit in the press box and then send them back down to call someone else up.

They did the same last year with several players. They work hard in the AHL, they get a promotion to the NHL to sit in the press box, practice with the team, and see what it's like to be in the NHL and what it takes to be there.

50 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Who comes out of the lineup? It's a toe-to-toe battle of ineffectiveness between Sugar Ray Weber and Smokin' Matt Bartkowski.

I remember some poster named sam saying that the Canucks back end would be just fine with having Weber and Bartkowski in the lineup...a guy who plays like a deer in the headlights in his own zone and only value is point shots on the pp and a guy who could barely break into the Bruins' line up last season. Stellar prognostication.

Now, it's a turtle derby between the two and a question of who should be sitting (when both should be placed on unconditional waivers for the purposes of given their outright release).  I'm hoping they do a Rocky/Apollo imitation and knock each other out senseless so that we don't have to watch either of them for the rest of the season.  Weber and Bartkowski...they pretty much suck at hockey.

Hope Pedan gets some minutes and shows enough to supplant either or both of the two aforementioned plugs.

YES! I hope he's here to stay and Weber gets waived. We haven't had a crease clearing defenceman since Jovocop. If he's in next game and play as advertised,  you will see a ripple effect on the team. Edler will play more physical, Sbisa will lay out ppl more and everyone else will play bigger knowing they've got a monster back there.

I kinda dont think he plays just like Fedun sits in gallery ,should play him at least couple games ,if he is not gonna be resigned at least get on ice mileage out of him as potential hype him for a trade part to some other team next year he will not be able to clear waivers.

Archived