The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of:Radim Vrbata to the Habs

WWE2015

19 minutes ago, billabong said:

To mtl: vrbata

to van: tinordi, 2nd pick 2016

tinordi is still 23 so he can still be rounded out and he's a beast. 

Doesn't work with the cap. But you're probably in the right area for value. I think they'd be more inclined to move Gilbert. He would help Vancouver's defence a lot more this season. Allows Beaulieu to step into the top 4 full time. And is closer to working cap wise for Montreal. The other option is to leave it as Tinordi and a 2nd but retain salary on Vrbata 

13 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Doesn't work with the cap. But you're probably in the right area for value. I think they'd be more inclined to move Gilbert. He would help Vancouver's defence a lot more this season. Allows Beaulieu to step into the top 4 full time. And is closer to working cap wise for Montreal. The other option is to leave it as Tinordi and a 2nd but retain salary on Vrbata 

the canucks would only need to retain 1m if mtl dumps semin

1 minute ago, billabong said:

the canucks would only need to retain 1m if mtl dumps semin

Bergevin isn't the type to tie his hands by using every penny of available cap space. One other thing about Gilbert. He's a right handed shot. 

I think the bones of a deal might be in there. Vrbata needs to turn it up a few notches though 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Bergevin isn't the type to tie his hands by using every penny of available cap space. One other thing about Gilbert. He's a right handed shot. 

I think the bones of a deal might be in there. Vrbata needs to turn it up a few notches though 

patioretty, subban and price are at the top of their game so i think bergevin is in it to win it this year. they wouldnt wanna give up an nhl dman mid season 

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

patioretty, subban and price are at the top of their game so i think bergevin is in it to win it this year. they wouldnt wanna give up an nhl dman mid season 

Beaulieu has already proven he's ready for the top 4. Emelin is out right now but has been very good so far this year and Pateryn hasn't looked out of place at all.   Tinordi hadn't even played a game because their defence is stacked  

Without Gilbert their top six is still. 

Markov , Subban

Petry, Beaulieu

Emelin , Pateryn 

they can easily give up Gilbert for top 6 help 

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Beaulieu has already proven he's ready for the top 4. Emelin is out right now but has been very good so far this year and Pateryn hasn't looked out of place at all.   Tinordi hadn't even played a game because their defence is stacked  

Without Gilbert their top six is still. 

Markov , Subban

Petry, Beaulieu

Emelin , Pateryn 

they can easily give up Gilbert for top 6 help 

Well every team needs depth on the blue line for a long playoff run and relying on 2 youngsters is risky but I see your point. I'm not a big fan of Gilbert and I doubt we'd get both in one deal involving vrbata and rather have tinordi. Although Gilbert would help fill a temporary hole left by a possible departure of hamhuis. 

Archived