The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of:Radim Vrbata to the Habs

WWE2015

On 11/24/2015, 10:13:55, Toews said:

If any one is actually willing to pay a 1st for him.

He is not a make or break player on any team. At least there was justification for teams to overpay for Vermette, Sekera and Coburn. The Hawks were weak down the middle, meanwhile the Kings and Lightning needed defense desperately. I can see Hamhuis going for a 1st+ but I doubt there will be enough teams desperate for a winger to make the same offer.

Wrong, he's a legit top 6 on almost every team in the league, if Benning can't get a 1st(16-20th pick) then he should be fired, because I could...lol

What about this?????

Mtl ......2016-1st, Juulsen and Semin

for

Van.....Vrbata, Columbus 2nd, and hold 1 1/2 million of Vrbata's cap

Burrows slides into Vrbata's spot on the 2nd line, bring Gaunce up to play LW on the 3rd

Baertschi can move in and out of the line up with Higgins

I think Montreal considers it, now that Gallagher is injured Long term

1 1/2 million gives Montreal plenty of cap room at the Deadline

Semins is gone at the end of the year, so is Vrbata if they don't want to resign him

I really do think Montreal is the place for him...just a thought

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Vrbata, Gaunce(they always need size it seems), & 2nd or 3rd rounder?..(appreciate opinion on value-requirement here)

Habs send:

Eller(as we need a C, toot-sweet), Juulsen & their 2016 1st.

I like it A LOT!   ::D. The Habs would sing that song: "Can't Touch This".  That package might get us Juulsen?  

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not at the expense of their 2nd line winger, one of their 3 top prospects and a 1st round pick.  Come on man. 

So we might have to part with Hamhuis as well, retaining cap accordingly. Mtl adds Tinordi. Adjust picks to fit value. At any rate, I see a team-match, with the disparate needs/stages of both franchises.

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So we might have to part with Hamhuis as well, retaining cap accordingly. Mtl adds Tinordi. Adjust picks to fit value. At any rate, I see a team-match, with the disparate needs/stages of both franchises.

Just stop. Montreal is at the top on tbe league in goals scored per game. And since they put Andrghetto on tbe second line Galchenyuk has come alive. if they're giving up the kind of package you're suggesting they could get someone like Simmonds. 

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just relax, man..What happens, happens. Boards like these are for speculation, proposals, & virtually what any hockey fan can visualize.

Suggestions & spitballin' don't require moderation. Consider your blood pressure.

How about you try visualizing a proposal that actually makes a modicum of sense for the other team involved?  I get it. You like Juulsen. He's a great looking prospect. I'm sure that's why Montreal likes him too 

Archived