The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL to have cocaine testing by end of season

Mackcanuck

Here's the deal....the NHL is a workplace.  When you start allowing illicit drug use to go unchecked, it gives way for all sorts of problems.  So that's irresponsible.  The NHL has every right to insist on a zero tolerance to drugs...and I'd expect it.

Just now, slickjim23 said:

And the world should learn about dirty cocaine vs clean cocaine. There's a big difference. Clean, pure cocaine is the new 'vape'. Dirty cocaine has additives in it that heighten the need of consumption of it, which understandably causes addicts in people.

To be frank, I don't care what kind of cocaine it is. Both are illegal. Both should remain illegal. Period.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

To be frank, I don't care what kind of cocaine it is. Both are illegal. Both should remain illegal. Period.

And I disagree. I think coke should be legalized, regulated and taxed, but that's just my opinion. You're free to have yours on the matter. At least when you're getting it from the government, it would be clean and not laced with anything.. And then the world would see it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

1 minute ago, slickjim23 said:

And the world should learn about dirty cocaine vs clean cocaine. There's a big difference. Clean, pure cocaine is the new 'vape' if you want to compare it to smoking.. Dirty cocaine has additives in it that heighten the need of consumption of it, which understandably causes addicts in people.

Where on earth are you getting your information?   So cocaine isn't addictive...it's the additives?  Sure, no.

2 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

And I disagree. I think coke should be legalized, regulated and taxed, but that's just my opinion. You're free to have yours on the matter. At least when you're getting it from the government, it would be clean and not laced with anything.. And then the world would see it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/dirty-truth-about-clean-cocaine-1.1195163

Read that article.....

3 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

I've seen, first hand.   And it CAN be a very destructive substance.  So let's not glam it up, ok?

Perhaps your exposure has been limited to "pleasant' experiences but it isn't always so.  Just because you've been fortunate enough to avoid that awful path, don't believe you're an expert by way of that and that no one will experience it.  Some will/do.

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

lol that article is absolute BS. It says cocaine is named as a 'clean drug' at the end, but the fact is, when it's dirty, unless you're experienced, you really don't know it. When it's ACTUALLY clean, it's much much less addicting as opposed to when it's laced with things. That's an absolute fact.

23 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

I'm not encouraging the use of cocaine. I'm defending the moderate use of it by an adult who can make his own choices and not be burned at the stake by the media and others for it.

"The moderate use".  Moderate use crosses over to dependency without warning...every single addict starts at "moderate use".   You seem to think there's this magic line that's drawn and people choose whether to cross it or not.  Doesn't happen that way.

lol that article is absolute BS. It says cocaine is named as a 'clean drug' at the end, but the fact is, when it's dirty, unless you're experienced, you really don't know it. When it's ACTUALLY clean, it's much much less addicting as opposed to when it's laced with things. That's an absolute fact.

Why and how?

Facts (only).  If you're going to spew this nonsense, let's hear your supporting argument.  Not just "that" it is...why and how.

They're talking about clean cocaine. Read the title dude. The only reason why you think it's bs is because it goes against your argument.

But, I'm not here to intervene in the end. The league is taking the right action in banning cocaine and running tests. How well they do we'll find out, but it's the right step.

17 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

I'm not encouraging the use of cocaine. I'm defending the moderate use of it by an adult who can make his own choices and not be burned at the stake by the media and others for it.

I am sorry I have sat back quietly but can no longer. Your high school parking lot understanding of Cocaine is laughable at best.     

Please educate yourself http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/how-does-cocaine-produce-its-effects

If you actually had even the slightest understanding of the drug you would realize there is no clean coke unless you are the harvester of the coca leaf and make it yourself.  Every gram that comes into this country has been adulterated (stepped on or cut) to make less into more.  This is drug dealing 101.

These chemicals they cut the coke with are obviously bad and cause a host of other problems.  To say leading a healthy lifestyle while using coke will not make it as bad shows your complete lack of understanding of human physiology and the affects of hard drugs on the body.

If you think you can trust a coke dealer to give you so called clean product then I think I have my answer to your blind statements.

But hey, we can go a government operated Liquor Store here or the Costco in USA and get 3-4 bottles and get absolutely plastered and it's all good not harmful...Because our governments said so.

Peoples perceptions of what is good and bad just because of law....

13 minutes ago, JV77 said:

But hey, we can go a government operated Liquor Store here or the Costco in USA and get 3-4 bottles and get absolutely plastered and it's all good not harmful...Because our governments said so.

Alcohol ruins many lives.  Doesn't mean we should base an argument on "well it's legal so let's allow other addictive substances through too".  Basically, two wrongs don't make a right.

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

"The moderate use".  Moderate use crosses over to dependency without warning...every single addict starts at "moderate use".   You seem to think there's this magic line that's drawn and people choose whether to cross it or not.  Doesn't happen that way.

Exactly this DEb.  Having initiated an intervention for a very close friend I learned more than I care to about cocaine. For some it can take a single line and their lives are ruined.  Pre existing mental, physical, emotional or psychological conditions will compound any problems that will arise. 

I had some matters to attend to. I don't 'give up' on arguments, especially when I'm winning. The moderate use of clean cocaine from a trusted dealer is not the absolutely terrible thing the PC witchhunt crowd want you to believe it is. I'm leaving my statement like that. I bet everyone arguing against me hasn't even done it to see for themselves, so that alone makes you not qualified to argue against someone's opinion who's actually experienced in the matter... 

25 minutes ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

I am sorry I have sat back quietly but can no longer. Your high school parking lot understanding of Cocaine is laughable at best.     

Please educate yourself http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/how-does-cocaine-produce-its-effects

If you actually had even the slightest understanding of the drug you would realize there is no clean coke unless you are the harvester of the coca leaf and make it yourself.  Every gram that comes into this country has been adulterated (stepped on or cut) to make less into more.  This is drug dealing 101.

These chemicals they cut the coke with are obviously bad and cause a host of other problems.  To say leading a healthy lifestyle while using coke will not make it as bad shows your complete lack of understanding of human physiology and the affects of hard drugs on the body.

If you think you can trust a coke dealer to give you so called clean product then I think I have my answer to your blind statements.

I have experience, because I've actually put it into my body.. I'm a moderate user of cocaine, and far from 'addicted' to it... therefore it's very possible not to get addicted to it. It's a nice high, but personally I prefer marijuana... ALSO, on your argument on the type of cocaine, of course cocaine is not going to be perfect from the coca leaf... come on man... True dirty cocaine is laced with additional additives and chemicals and is the leading cause of all of the terrible side effects, binges, addicts etc. 

Archived