The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jarmo Kekäläinen fielding offers for Ryan Johansen

Mathew Barzal

1 minute ago, ABNuck said:

Right now they've got 1.634mil in space and as I said, it gets worse at season's end with having to sign Murray and Jenner. They have a bunch of salaries they can't move...so it's gotta be RyJo.

Their owner must be so pissed!  Hahaha

8 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Right now they've got 1.634mil in space and as I said, it gets worse at season's end with having to sign Murray and Jenner. They have a bunch of salaries they can't move...so it's gotta be RyJo.

I think the sad part about it especially is how they have a bunch of forwards being paid more than Johansen and they're older with less points if you look at the last 2 years. Saad for a 6mil cap hit? Clarkson's also coming back to bite them.....

Maybe offer them bandaids with those cookies....

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Columbus Bluejackets grossed 99million dollars!  No way.  

No kidding...compared to us...the Aquaweenies grossed 152mil...that's a 53mil dollar spread. And they're not the worst and we're not the highest. NYR grossed 229mil while at the other end the kittycats grossed just 93mil.

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I think the sad part about it especially is how they have a bunch of forwards being paid more than Johansen and they're older with less points if you look at the last 2 years. Saad for a 6mil cap hit? Clarkson's also coming back to bite them.....

Saad would be a good pick up if they dont want to trade JoHo.

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yup, this is my point. It might not cost us as much as we think.

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

Hypothetically speaking, if we happen to have a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft, would you trade that pick, plus one of McCann, Horvat, or Hutton for Johansen?

If our guy is gone I'd do that if we can get a couple of firsts for Hamhuis and Vrbata. So

To Vancouver: Johansen

To Columbus: McCann, 2016 1st (~10th overall), Cbj's 2nd

Here's one I proposed a while back using it as a comparison to the Seguin deal:

To Vancouver: Johansen, Golobeuf

To Columbus: Radim Vrbata, Hunter Shinkaruk, Linden Vey, 2017 1st

The craziest thing is, they're not in the worst situation, ARZ is pretty screwed, they're gonna have a ton of capspace but few NHL players on the roster...I'm assuming that they'll be taking a run at everybody (Kopitar, Staal, Eriksson, Backes, Stewart, McGinn, Hudler, Schenn etc etc). Besides that there's always the Blackhawks who are up against the cap every year thanks to Toews' and Kane's contracts. NJ as well is gonna have a tough time icing an NHL team unless they land some F/A's (otherwise they're gonna be about 30mil under the cap)...Philly as well has some big contract extensions coming due next year and some guys on UFA so not so good there either. Hard to say but out of all of the above who is screwed the most but my vote actually goes to TBay. They either sign Stamkos and lose some RFA's (trust me if they sign Stammer for what he's worth, TBay's RFA's are gonna be flooded with offers, and TBay won't be able to match them all...they will lose some guys).

As for RyJo...my money is on ARZ (that is if we can't put it together in time).

As intriguing as nabbing him would be I'm not sure we've got the assets to acquire him right now? Short of robbing him from the Jackets, which I don't see happening I'd be surprised if we landed him. If he's available surely teams with more valuable/suitable assets are checking in on him.

You've got to give to get, but I don't know if we could afford to give up what Columbus would want.

4 hours ago, suitup said:

Honestly, call me crazy but I wouldn't mind surrounding a deal around Bo Horvat. Johansen is young, local, proven true #1 center, incredibly skilled, and has above average defense. We're lacking a true #1 center and we can build around him.

I'd trade Bo Horvat+ 1st round 2016+2nd round+ 2nd round+Hamhuis. 

EDIT: Out team would look something like this after

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Johansen Vrbata

Higgins Sutter Burrows

Prust McCann Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Sbisa

Bartowski-Weber

Miller

Markstrom

Got to give to get.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have Johansen...but really? Why not throw in McCann and Virtanen while we're at it?!

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Horvat isn't good enough to build a trade around for Johansen. That kid is a star, Horvat's play has been pretty bad this season. They'd surely be asking for a future first line center to replace Johansen + current top-6 scorer to replace his current production + either an A-grade prospect (of which we don't really have) or a 1st round pick.

If we wanted to build this around Horvat we'd have to give a lot more, because he's not really going to be a future first line center. McCann on the other hand...

TO CBJ: McCann + Vbrata + 1st + Shinkaruk

TO VAN: Johansen

If they want defence, give them Sbisa instead of Vbrata. No way I'd still do that trade but that's what they'd be asking for, and they'd get much better packages elsewhere. I think that's the sort of value the Canucks would have to be willing to give up to get this guy.

Instead I'd rather blow a good prospect and/or first round pick on a top defenceman.

My wife has a Vbrata. You think Columbus would trade for it?

1 hour ago, ABNuck said:

No kidding...compared to us...the Aquaweenies grossed 152mil...that's a 53mil dollar spread. And they're not the worst and we're not the highest. NYR grossed 229mil while at the other end the kittycats grossed just 93mil.

Thanks for the information.  I had no idea those crappy teams made money like that.  Where are they making it from, because it can't be from ticket sales?

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thanks for the information.  I had no idea those crappy teams made money like that.  Where are they making it from, because it can't be from ticket sales?

You are correct sir..the report states that only 30mil of their income comes from gate revenues. So they must have some incredibly lucrative vendor deals...it states that 43mil comes from stadium revenue (other than gate)...how much does a beer cost in Columbus OHIO?

Just now, ABNuck said:

You are correct sir..the report states that only 30mil of their income comes from gate revenues. So they must have some incredibly lucrative vendor deals...it states that 43mil comes from stadium revenue (other than gate)...how much does a beer cost in Columbus OHIO?

Better than that is how much beer do those few fans drink each during a game?  They must be seriously pounding them back.  Ironically, ^_^parking is free.

Archived