The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/CBJ

devils999

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

Wait what? Sarcasm?

Honestly, a lot of teams are asking around for Johansen. He'd easily cost (IMO) a future top line center who can score around 30 goals, 70-90 points because that's what they're losing in Johansen NOW and in the future. They'd also be asking or some current offensive help, a top-6 scorer, who can fill the void that Johansen would leave. Then they'd be asking for a grade-A prospect (which the Canucks really lack apart from maybe Shinkaruk) or a high 1st round pick.

That's why these teams don't trade star first line centers or defencemen - the asking price is far too much.

I'd think for Johansen we'd have to give up McCann (first line center in the future, but not really sure yet so we'd have to compensate with more value) + replacement offence for Johansen (Sutter/Vbrata/Hansen) + 1st. However, because our 1st may not be very high, McCann may not be a future first line center and we're not really able to replace Johansen's 20-30 goals, 60-70 points, we'd have to give more.

I just think to grab Johansen we'd need to be offering something like a Draisaitl which we simply don't have. McCann looks good so far but Columbus aren't going to hinge their future successes on a kid who's played a quarter of an NHL season.

It seems like a reasonable price that Kekalainen would demand for his emerging star center.

Rick Nash got Dubinsky (established player), Anisimov (young established player), Erixon (prospect at the time) and 1st.  Add the fact that Johansen is their top-line center at only 23 and it's easy to see he won't come cheap.  Sutter could be somewhat of a fill-in guy (2nd line most likely), while Sbisa has improved on defense this year (still no Rod Langway but I digress) and McCann has 1st line potential.  That being said the Jackets still might say they're only getting pennies for the dollar but I'd say it's a start. 

20 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Honestly, a lot of teams are asking around for Johansen. He'd easily cost (IMO) a future top line center who can score around 30 goals, 70-90 points because that's what they're losing in Johansen NOW and in the future. They'd also be asking or some current offensive help, a top-6 scorer, who can fill the void that Johansen would leave. Then they'd be asking for a grade-A prospect (which the Canucks really lack apart from maybe Shinkaruk) or a high 1st round pick.

That's why these teams don't trade star first line centers or defencemen - the asking price is far too much.

I'd think for Johansen we'd have to give up McCann (first line center in the future, but not really sure yet so we'd have to compensate with more value) + replacement offence for Johansen (Sutter/Vbrata/Hansen) + 1st. However, because our 1st may not be very high, McCann may not be a future first line center and we're not really able to replace Johansen's 20-30 goals, 60-70 points, we'd have to give more.

I just think to grab Johansen we'd need to be offering something like a Draisaitl which we simply don't have. McCann looks good so far but Columbus aren't going to hinge their future successes on a kid who's played a quarter of an NHL season.

Shink is a grade A prospect?  What?  

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Shink is a grade A prospect?  What?  

I'd say he's borderline, A or B-grade. Point per game in the AHL and almost a goal per game, he's still young so I'd consider him a prospect. Problem is any prospect/pick we throw into the deal is a fill-in. Columbus would want offensive support now as well, which we really lack.

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd say he's borderline, A or B-grade. Point per game in the AHL and almost a goal per game, he's still young so I'd consider him a prospect. Problem is any prospect/pick we throw into the deal is a fill-in. Columbus would want offensive support now as well, which we really lack.

I like Shink, but don't really see him in the same light as you.  Do you know much about Johanson?  I only heard 71 point season before, but Torts don't like his effort.  Can you add your view on this player please?  Thanks.:)

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Shink, but don't really see him in the same light as you.  Do you know much about Johanson?  I only heard 71 point season before, but Torts don't like his effort.  Can you add your view on this player please?  Thanks.:)

I think Shinkaruk is going to be one of those fringe NHLers like Baertschi. Lots of promise, lots of skill but hasn't YET translated it to NHL success. If he does, he'll be a 20 goal, top-6 scoring forward. If he doesn't, he'll suffer in the AHL for a long time.

As for Johansen, he's a big, strong but still young and mentally developing center. First line material on just about any team. I've noticed he can be a bit streaky, have monster games at times and then go quiet which may be a sign of immaturity. Not sure about his defensive game, it's not as great as it could be, but he's a handful for defenders.

I think his size, goal scoring ability (it's pretty diverse, he can score a whole bunch of different types of goals) and age are what makes him so attractive to teams which is why Columbus are rightly so asking a lot. Probably too much, he won't get traded.

johanson is one of the most skilled players in the league. sick hands long reach good release oh and he is a monster. He has the potential to a top 5 centre in the league. canuck mania would absolutely love ryan on the team, constantly bringing people out of their seats. 

obviously im a big fan of his and his potential watching him since he was 12 years old i cant believe hes made it this far and how much better and better he keeps getting.

as much as i love the kid the reality is there is no way canucks will land him. cbj should and will get 3 big peices for him and their biggest need is rhd.....which we dont have many of those so giving up tanev is just not probable. we dont have the peices to outbid some of the other teams in need of a top flight centre. nashville offers jones wilson + St. Louis offers shattenkirk swartz winnipeg offers trouba ehlers. im just spitballing and could go on and on its just unfortunate we drafted so pourly for so many years under gillis so we dont have the peices to land him because of the situation we are in witht he transition to youth

4 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

CLB: Hamhuis, Vrbata, Sutter
VAN: Johansen

both hamhuis and vrbata reject the trade to the worst team in the league and its not close enough to get it done. cbj will wont one big piece as much as i love sutts cbj can do a lot better

3 minutes ago, manroth19 said:

both hamhuis and vrbata reject the trade to the worst team in the league and its not close enough to get it done. cbj will wont one big piece as much as i love sutts cbj can do a lot better

They also don't have the capspace. They're gonna get 1 NHL player and some prospects and picks, that's about it. Their backs are against the wall on this one...they still gotta sign Murray and Jenner...a nd they're carrying some of the crappiest contracts in the NHL (is Mike Gillis an advisor to them or what?)

Archived