The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/CBJ

devils999

16 hours ago, devils999 said:

To CBJ Sutter,McCann,Sbisa,1st & 5th rd 2017 (top 10 protected) if we do land in the top 10 it becomes a 1st 2018

To Van Johansen & Prout

I think this is what it would take & Prout would be a JB type of guy 6'3 230lb right hand shot 

I don't know much about prout but holy cow that's an over payment. Sutter mccann and a first?? 

I'd do eeither 

Bo/sutter + Gaunce + 1st at most got Johansen. 

On 11/24/2015, 7:36:21, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Shinkaruk is going to be one of those fringe NHLers like Baertschi. Lots of promise, lots of skill but hasn't YET translated it to NHL success.

Please.  Shinkaruk just turned 21. I don't think you realize how young that is or what it takes to step into the AHL as a 20/21 year old and score at a ppg clip.

Don't sell the young man short prematurely.  You don't have a crystal ball duc.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Please.  Shinkaruk just turned 21. I don't think you realize how young that is or what it takes to step into the AHL as a 20/21 year old and score at a ppg clip.

Don't sell the young man short prematurely.  You don't have a crystal ball duc.

Calm down buddy, I think he's one of our best prospects and really should be in the NHL this season. I'm just saying that he hasn't been able to show any proficiency at an NHL level yet. That's not just his fault, I think it's mainly due to the fact that he's not getting the opportunity he deserves because of a multitude of other things - most importantly, WD wanting to play McCann and Virtanen over him. I think we've got enough kids in the Vancouver lineup, but the wrong kids. Hate to bring it back to Virtanen, but we're playing this guy, who is CLEARLY not NHL ready and has not developed properly at all, over someone like Shinkaruk who has worked his ass off, gone through the proper stages and is now far more NHL ready.

Shinkaruk deserves the minutes that Virtanen's getting, and I think if you gave him 10+ minutes a night on the big stage he'd easily score 10-15 goals this season. Instead he'll get another couple of spot starts for injuries here and there and we'll never truly be able to celebrate him until we move a veteran next year.

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Calm down buddy, I think he's one of our best prospects and really should be in the NHL this season. I'm just saying that he hasn't been able to show any proficiency at an NHL level yet. That's not just his fault, I think it's mainly due to the fact that he's not getting the opportunity he deserves because of a multitude of other things - most importantly, WD wanting to play McCann and Virtanen over him. I think we've got enough kids in the Vancouver lineup, but the wrong kids. Hate to bring it back to Virtanen, but we're playing this guy, who is CLEARLY not NHL ready and has not developed properly at all, over someone like Shinkaruk who has worked his ass off, gone through the proper stages and is now far more NHL ready.

Shinkaruk deserves the minutes that Virtanen's getting, and I think if you gave him 10+ minutes a night on the big stage he'd easily score 10-15 goals this season. Instead he'll get another couple of spot starts for injuries here and there and we'll never truly be able to celebrate him until we move a veteran next year.

hat.jpg

Archived