The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Minnesota at 4:00pm

Odd.

41 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Looking forward to a 15-20/60 min effort.

2 Canuck bodychecks.

one goal loss. 

Henrik " we played good, just didn't get the bounces"

WD " we played real good, just got unlucky there on that Weber play that ended up in our net"

Heh

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thank you. Thank you very much.

I was really hoping Pedan would get a chance to show his stuff.  WD's continued commitment to playing Weber is puzzling, to say the least.  What exactly does Weber bring that makes it so hard to sit him for a few games? He's soft, an average puck mover and has done nothing on the PP except miss the net by miles on the few occasions he has blasted away.  We need some size and toughness on the back end to clear the front of the net and make opposing forwards just a little cautious of how they play in our end.  Right now it is like a shark feeding frenzy for other teams...they smell the blood.

Webber scores 2; Verby gets one on the PP; and the McCaan line is lights out. All for an overtime loss where Edler screens Miller on a second attempt.

Really looking forward to watching the McCaan line. Line 2 is depressing me almost as much as the Dcore. How many 5 on 5 goals does this line have? I count on JB fixing both problems for next year. 

Canucks are in tough in this one....I think the last time we won at the Excel was when Sami Salo scored in OT...We have a 19 and 20 year old at 2C and 3C,and a suspect defence....Miller is going to have to play lights out.

Good to see Jake back (Baertschi is back in the press box,after a poor game against NJD)....and a bounce back game for McCann.

10 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I was really hoping Pedan would get a chance to show his stuff.  WD's continued commitment to playing Weber is puzzling, to say the least.  What exactly does Weber bring that makes it so hard to sit him for a few games? He's soft, an average puck mover and has done nothing on the PP except miss the net by miles on the few occasions he has blasted away.  We need some size and toughness on the back end to clear the front of the net and make opposing forwards just a little cautious of how they play in our end.  Right now it is like a shark feeding frenzy for other teams...they smell the blood.

Edler = soft no grit zero intimidation factor

Tanev= soft no grit zero intimidation factor

Hamhuis=  soft no grit zero intimidation factor

Weber= hahaha

Bart = medium soft zero intimidation 

Sbisa= medium grit zero intimidation

Softest D in the show, hands down. a night at the Rog is like a night at a Spa/Massage Parlour for opposing forwards in front of our net.

14 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Edler = soft no grit zero intimidation factor

Tanev= soft no grit zero intimidation factor

Hamhuis=  soft no grit zero intimidation factor

Weber= hahaha

Bart = medium soft zero intimidation 

Sbisa= medium grit zero intimidation

Softest D in the show, hands down. a night at the Rog is like a night at a Spa/Massage Parlour for opposing forwards in front of our net.

True. The speed and puck moving aspect of the defense has been addressed, but the lack of size and pushback from the defense is, in my opinion, the most glaring issue now. And as yourself and DIB have mentioned, teams know it and exploit it.

43 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Add that to the fact he took away a goal from Higgins last game off Bo's great set up. Weber was going to the net and blocked what was a sure goal by Higgy. Biega, Pedan, Fedun...anyone would be better than Weber!

Archived