The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] CGY Goalie Joni Ortio put on waivers

Mackcanuck

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah, Price, Reims, Pavelec, Montoya, to name a few. Cal will lose him, I'd say.

Definitely, I'll be surprised if he clears.

Damn there's been a lot of goalie injuries this year, and we're only a quarter of the way through the season.

21 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

So waiving a terrible contract like Miller's is dumber than trying to offer sheet a player, and if that offer sheet went through it would require you to waive him after giving up the picks as compensation? Or is it pushing to trade a future top 5 center in the league for a garbage return? Some competent people running the show in the Canucks organization.... /s

What??? None of that makes any sense whatsoever.

Who in Canucks management has made any offer sheets to any player recently? And if you did make an offer sheet why would you waive said player? When have the Canucks been pushing to acquire a top 5 center? What top 5 center? Johansen? There is zero reports the Canucks have offered anything for Johansen.

This has to be one of the most puzzling posts I have ever seen posted here.

Perhaps you mean waiver claim??? But it still makes no sense. I can't stop shaking my head.

1 hour ago, Hockey Stache said:

Who in Canucks management has made any offer sheets to any player recently? And if you did make an offer sheet why would you waive said player? When have the Canucks been pushing to acquire a top 5 center? What top 5 center? Johansen? There is zero reports the Canucks have offered anything for Johansen.

Perhaps you mean waiver claim??? But it still makes no sense. I can't stop shaking my head.

Also saying that Miller's contract is terrible is pretty funny.

1 hour ago, Hockey Stache said:

Benning and Weisbrod. Seguin trade and O'Reilly offer sheet.

That is the crux of his post. Dig into most managers' past and you will find at least once move that looks ugly in hindsight. It doesn't invalidate what they accomplished thus far. 

Also IMO Miller's contract is terrible but I understand why Benning felt the need to sign him.

Archived