The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3, Wild 2

TheRussianRocket.

Mccann's point totals are going to skyrocket once he figures out how to win a face off. He damn near sets something up every time he's on the ice but they always have to go retrieve the puck after losing a juicy ozone draw. When he learns how to win those, he's going to get 3 or 4 chances a shift as opposed to 1 then change.

Great game by him and vrby though. Man did we luck out with that Anaheim pick, may as well have been the 10th.

4 hours ago, LaBamba said:

We lose any game, your looking at an immediate 9 page PGT. 

We beat the best home team in the league on the road, we are barely squeezing out 4 pages.

something tells me there are a lot of people on CDC who overreact to losses.  

haha true that 

5 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

Anyone that's played hockey and is paid millions for it should at least attempt to setup their teammate for the hattrick when they're wide open.... That shot was not beating the goalie... He simply parried it away like it was nothing. When your teammate is struggling to score, and you're up two goals, you try the pass there... Every time. Especially if you're terrible at shooting the puck

Admit it your pretty clueless when it comes to hockey.

Great game by McCann, His best game so far

Team-high 7 shot attempts, 4 of them on net

5-for-9 on face offs. 56%

1 assist for a +1 rating

21 shifts for 13 min. ice time

Canucks outshot the Wild 12-2 with McCann on the ice.

Wild only had 4 shot attempts with McCann on the ice.

24 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

1 assist for a +1 rating

This..McCann's line seemed to be in the o-zone all night.

Felt like Higgins couldn't keep up with what McCann and Vrbata were doing. He got in their way a couple times.

Just one game, but if McCann can stick with Vrbata and they find a better winger than Higgins, I'd almost like to see Horvat play between Prust and Dorsett once Sutter is healthy.

41 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

1 assist for a +1 rating

Yes, and several take-aways on top of all that.  There haven't been many games this year when he was over 50% in the dot.  Glad to hear Willie say that he'll probably keep McCann and Vrbata together for a while, and I think Higgins was a good complement as well.  Give them 3rd line minutes and matchups and watch the secondary scoring come around.  McCann flat out belongs and is going to be a force in this league.

Whats with all this "Great Game" stuff? They were very lucky to get that win. Again they sat back in the 3rd, trying to protect when they should have turned it up a notch and put the game away, but no... lets play in out own zone and let Mini take it too us!

If not for Miller this was definitely another loss! Wake Up Canucks.... Just Wake Up!

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There should be a hockey grammar website. Kids could learn so much.

First lesson.

Thrust....Prust......Thrust......Prust.....Thrust.....Prust

Blunt, man, where have you been!  LOL. Those are the only two words any young Canuck fan should know!  I was actually gonna see if anyone knew what our record is with the Prust Thrust in the line up and out of the line up.  It seems we just play tougher and a more complete game when he's in the line up.

10 hours ago, gameburn said:

Been thinking the same all year.  It used to be stressful watching the team: because we kind of expected/hoped they'd win.  Now it's more like baseball lol: I can just enjoy the beauty of the game, the classy inter-play of some good character players and the development of the younger players. My wife thinks the 2011 "failure" was a turning point for her, as well. btw.

I had a feeling a lot of others see it the same way as me. Im starting to view it the same as baseball as well tbh. Enjoy the present for what it is

11 hours ago, khay said:

Same thing for me. It was hard to get over that empty feeling after game 7 lass but once I got over it, I was able to just enjoy the games and not get too angry/stressed when we lose or play bad and I was able to just appreciate the good plays from the Sedins and the other players.

However, I still do not enjoy watching that defence making that perfect pass to the opposition in the defensive zone, you know the one where they make the pass right down the middle, which usually ends up at the back of the net?

Yeah, I love watching our young guys execute plays like this. It's a breath of fresh air because after 2012 I thought it would be a while to see the team the way it is today. Im thankful for that.

4 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

Blunt, man, where have you been!  LOL. Those are the only two words any young Canuck fan should know!  I was actually gonna see if anyone knew what our record is with the Prust Thrust in the line up and out of the line up.  It seems we just play tougher and a more complete game when he's in the line up.

I've been around, nom. Good to see you are still setting people straight around here!

Prust definitely has an effect on the willingness to get in the dirty areas. The team plays a stronger game. Look at Virtanen's hits last night!

I believe a guy of Prust's truculence (or thrust) gives the team a more confident presence. I don't know how you feel about Milan Lucic, but if Benning grabs him in July, and keeps Prust...I can only imagine how that will effect the teams confidence.

Archived