The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3, Wild 2

TheRussianRocket.

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I've been around, nom. Good to see you are still setting people straight around here!

Prust definitely has an effect on the willingness to get in the dirty areas. The team plays a stronger game. Look at Virtanen's hits last night!

I believe a guy of Prust's truculence (or thrust) gives the team a more confident presence. I don't know how you feel about Milan Lucic, but if Benning grabs him in July, and keeps Prust...I can only imagine how that will effect the teams confidence.

I'm a little indifferent to Lucic.  He's got 13 points in 22 games so far this year, but he seems to have difficulty in adjusting to adversity.  In Boston when Krejci went down last year, he admitted he didn't really get much going until after the new year and then this year with LA he's got decent numbers and a solid shooting % but playing in his hometown he may feel added pressure to perform and for a guy like Lucic, who can be pretty emotional, it might take awhile before he settles in...

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

Do you watch the game and think only of trades? Why always the trade talk?

The guy just had a good game after so many missed chances.Good on ya Vrbata.

Nicely done.  Earlier in the season the pucks were just missing or going post and out.  Hopefully this is a sign of the hockey gods levelling things out and more post and in shots will be coming off Vrby's stick!

Canucks in Dallas for early morning practice before going to the Cowboys - Panthers game

Practice Lines

22-33-36/47-53-14/20-91-17/9-24-15 D' 23-8/2-6/5-44/*29-18 Miller/Markstrom

Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs  12m12 minutes ago

Virtanen taking D' rushes with Pedan

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer  18m18 minutes ago

Judging by line rushes in today's practice, looks like Baertschi could be back in tomorrow and Virtanen out. #Canucks

CUwWMRzXIAAP6YD.jpg

12 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

When Vrbata was right open back door and Higgins tried a shot in a 3-1 game cause of his typical selfishness.... Simply the guy needs to go. Could have given Vrbata the hattrick and instilled that extra confidence in him but no.... had to try a useless Higgins wet noodle shot.

So tired of hearing "Higgins shoots wide....Higgins misses the net....etc"

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Canucks in Dallas for early morning practice before going to the Cowboys - Panthers game

Practice Lines

22-33-36/47-53-14/20-91-17/9-24-15 D' 23-8/2-6/5-44/*29-18 Miller/Markstrom

Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs  12m12 minutes ago

Virtanen taking D' rushes with Pedan

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer  18m18 minutes ago

Judging by line rushes in today's practice, looks like Baertschi could be back in tomorrow and Virtanen out. #Canucks

CUwWMRzXIAAP6YD.jpg

Is Willie saving Pedan for LA and Anaheim? The sooner Weber is out of the lineup, the better.

I watched the game and IMO the Canucks played, for the most part, a solid game.  Miller was outstanding.  He got beat on a deflection off Edler who was trying to block a shot.  That was on on Minn's power play.  The other goal was a 6 on 5 towards the end of the game.  The rest of the way the Canucks played at least even with Minn.  It was a good team effort.  Higgins played well and was + 1 for the game.

What everyone has to remember, not every game is a Gold Medal performance by all players.  As long as a few have great games and the rest are competitive, we should be okay.  The coaching staff has done a pretty good job so far.  No complaints.

5 hours ago, cbdoubleu said:

Felt like Higgins couldn't keep up with what McCann and Vrbata were doing. He got in their way a couple times.

Just one game, but if McCann can stick with Vrbata and they find a better winger than Higgins, I'd almost like to see Horvat play between Prust and Dorsett once Sutter is healthy.

that would be a handful for other teams!

3 hours ago, smokes said:

Do you watch the game and think only of trades? Why always the trade talk?

The guy just had a good game after so many missed chances.Good on ya Vrbata.

Nope.

ive wanted to see what he could fetch since last years "playoffs".

and I've inly missed two games since then.

8 hours ago, nom_de_plume said:

I'm a little indifferent to Lucic.  He's got 13 points in 22 games so far this year, but he seems to have difficulty in adjusting to adversity.  In Boston when Krejci went down last year, he admitted he didn't really get much going until after the new year and then this year with LA he's got decent numbers and a solid shooting % but playing in his hometown he may feel added pressure to perform and for a guy like Lucic, who can be pretty emotional, it might take awhile before he settles in...

Lucic- R.Johansen-Virtanen

Sedin -Sedin - Hansen

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Hansen

Gaunce-McCann-Grenier

Prust,Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Buff

Sbisa-Pedan

Subban-Tryamkin

Markstrom

Demko

Archived