The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC's List of Unique Experiences/Characteristics

Mainly Mattias

Once was a passenger in a car with a guy who likely was the Green River killer...jumped out/ran away before confirmation of that one way or another.

Also am close friends with the sister of Clifford Olsen's first victim.  Have another friend who was approached by him and had to testify in court.

Saw Led Zeppelin in concert (none of the young'uns can claim that one).

Rode a moped through a hotel lobby once (my cousin was on the back).  Unintentional.  Was totally a Thelma and Louise moment.

Can wiggle my ears.

Have held a live bear.

Watched a man die in my front yard this year on my birthday/Thanksgiving.  Was horribly traumatic and I still have anxiety over it.  Is escalated by the fact that earlier in the year a speeding transit bus also crashed in very close proximity to the same spot and created a huge fireball via downed power lines in a rain puddle in front of our window. We were evacuated from our home for the day.  A few years ago (same spot again) lightning hit the transformer.  I'm slightly terrified to live here.

Saw a race horse clear the retaining fence and run amok in the crowd many years ago.  Was chaos.

A slalom water skiier, was in the water and about to say hit it when everyone in the boat pointed at me and signaled for me to look behind me.  There was a huge sea lion RIGHT behind me.  I never got out of the water so fast in my life.  HIIITTTTTTT ITTTTT.

46 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Once was a passenger in a car with a guy who likely was the Green River killer...jumped out/ran away before confirmation of that one way or another.

Also am close friends with the sister of Clifford Olsen's first victim.  Have another friend who was approached by him and had to testify in court.

Saw Led Zeppelin in concert (none of the young'uns can claim that one).

Rode a moped through a hotel lobby once (my cousin was on the back).  Unintentional.  Was totally a Thelma and Louise moment.

Can wiggle my ears.

Have held a live bear.

Watched a man die in my front yard this year on my birthday/Thanksgiving.  Was horribly traumatic and I still have anxiety over it.  Is escalated by the fact that earlier in the year a speeding transit bus also crashed in very close proximity to the same spot and created a huge fireball via downed power lines in a rain puddle in front of our window. We were evacuated from our home for the day.  A few years ago (same spot again) lightning hit the transformer.  I'm slightly terrified to live here.

Saw a race horse clear the retaining fence and run amok in the crowd many years ago.  Was chaos.

A slalom water skiier, was in the water and about to say hit it when everyone in the boat pointed at me and signaled for me to look behind me.  There was a huge sea lion RIGHT behind me.  I never got out of the water so fast in my life.  HIIITTTTTTT ITTTTT.

Interesting stuff Deb..I lived about a half block away from the PIG Farm(same street) in PoCo when Picton was doing his thing and didnt have a clue.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Interesting stuff Deb..I lived about a half block away from the PIG Farm(same street) in PoCo when Picton was doing his thing and didnt have a clue.

Oooh, that's a little too close for comfort.  Scary stuff, when it happens in our back yards rather than on TV or in the movies.

i once played pony baseball...i hit the ball, jumped on a pony's back and started for 1st base...the pony had a mind of his own and ran off the field and onto the street....i had no control of what he did...finally, one of the pony handlers caught up to us and led us back...i think i was called out...

Lets see...

I was the lead singer for a horror punk metal band for 5 years. When we opened for the misfits, I had a 13 inch mohawk, Held up with elmers glue (actually really good for your hair!).

As a toddler i used to tell my mom that my OTHER mom was dead. It totally creeped her out. I told her that me and my brother and two sisters were following her and she got hit by a car in the street. Apparently it came out that my other mom was a cat. *shrugs*

I have 10 Video game systems hooked up to my TV currently: Atari, Nintendo, super nintendo, N64, Wii, PS2, PS3, PS4, XBox, XBOX 360. All original. all work great.

I met my wife in 8th grade. weve been official for 19 years. Shes been my only.

I played Football, Soccer, and did American Kenpo all at the same time for 8 years.

I invented my own LARP and had nearly 40 players in its prime. I started in middle school, long before i knew what i was doing was "LARPING"

I've slept through 2 natural disasters. Hurricane Frieda (in White Rock) and Mt St Helens (camping at Cultus Lake. Not that close, but everyone else there heard the boom)

Also missed the Black Friday tornado in Edmonton. Not asleep, though. Was working in a tech shop at the time with no windows, got tired of the radio so shut it off. Quitting time comes and I find everyone out front had gone home already, so I lock up and leave. Driving home, I'm the only car out there (during rush hour?) and there's debris everywhere. That's when I flipped on the radio and found out about the tornado.

I've gotten to see my two favourite bands in Big Wreck and The Tea Party

Never injured myself, broken a bone or had a serious illness

Helped save a couple lives, came across a couple guys who'd just been stabbed on the way home from a bunch of bars

I've got a soft spot for oldies and jazz

I almost got carried over a waterfall as a small child

Once rode a bike down a huge steep hill only to realize it had no brakes and wound up smashing into the side of a moving car

I have 6 titanium plates and 24 screws in my forehead along with a wicked scar (63 stitches) as a result of a fractured skull playing baseball when I was 16 and the ensuing surgery. 

Was born with both feet angled in quite dramatically and had to have surgery to correct it. Walking would not have been possible with the operation. 

Once got Carey Price to admit that the one NHL team he absolutely hates most is the Canucks, and according to him it's not even close. I would've guessed the Bruins, but oh well.

2 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I have 6 titanium plates and 24 screws in my forehead along with a wicked scar (63 stitches) as a result of a fractured skull playing baseball when I was 16 and the ensuing surgery. 

Was born with both feet angled in quite dramatically and had to have surgery to correct it. Walking would not have been possible with the operation. 

Once got Carey Price to admit that the one NHL team he absolutely hates most is the Canucks, and according to him it's not even close. I would've guessed the Bruins, but oh well.

There go the Price to the Canucks proposals:(

Most interesting experince is when i told my parents my butt hurt and for 3 weeks the ignored me until i was unable to walk. First time i went to the hospital they took a blood sample said it was a sport injury. The next day It took an hour and a half to get out of bed because i could roll over and we got a call from the hospital saying that my white blood cell count was over 200 (should be about 20) Turned out i have a staff infection in my sacro-iliac joint and had to spend 2 weeks in a hospital bed. After being released from the hospital I  had to go to the hospital 2 times a day for 6 weeks to get antibiotics and it took another 2 months to be back to "Normal"

22 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

There go the Price to the Canucks proposals:(

Most interesting experince is when i told my parents my butt hurt and for 3 weeks the ignored me until i was unable to walk. First time i went to the hospital they took a blood sample said it was a sport injury. The next day It took an hour and a half to get out of bed because i could roll over and we got a call from the hospital saying that my white blood cell count was over 200 (should be about 20) Turned out i have a staff infection in my sacro-iliac joint and had to spend 2 weeks in a hospital bed. After being released from the hospital I  had to go to the hospital 2 times a day for 6 weeks to get antibiotics and it took another 2 months to be back to "Normal"

I know the pain brother.

Archived