The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Avs place Dennis everberg on waivers

Colorado made a minor roster move on Thursday, putting winger Dennis Everberg on waivers.

Eveberg, 23, made his NHL debut with the Avs last season and had a fairly good rookie season, with 12 points in 55 games. This year, though, his offense was really lacking — Everberg had zero points through his first 15 games, averaging just under nine minutes per night.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pounder originally came to the Avs after a lengthy stint playing for Rogle BK of the Swedish Hockey League, turning heads with a 17-goal, 34-point effort in 47 games during the ’13-14 campaign.

Should he clear waivers, he’ll be off to the club’s AHL affiliate in San Antonio.

I'd consider it. May cause overcrowding however. Going on 24 with a decent stint in the NHL - big frame. Literally nothing to lose going for him. Weber instills confidence in nobody this season so Everberg could at least fill his spot if not exceed it. Biega's not a regular NHLer, neither is Fedun. Everberg has shown he can be despite this poor start.. 

6 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I'd consider it. May cause overcrowding however. Going on 24 with a decent stint in the NHL - big frame. Literally nothing to lose going for him. Weber instills confidence in nobody this season so Everberg could at least fill his spot if not exceed it. Biega's not a regular NHLer, neither is Fedun. Everberg has shown he can be despite this poor start.. 

He's a forward, not a defender.

9 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

He's a forward...

Every player put on waivers it seems so many want to grab them. In this case I guess we are trying him at a different position? :)

16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'd give him a shot.  Miller has looked shaky at moments - he'd be a much cheaper option in goal.

Lots of cap space left to bring in a guy like Niemi for our blueline.

LOL! I see what u did there... Post of the week. 

Torts rant just wanted to take some jabs at Weber... I wouldn't have been surprised had he posted that in the ortio thread :lol:

If McCann, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Kenins etc were not bubbling around that bottom six, I'd consider claiming him. However we have such talent on our Canucks and Comets roster that there's no point, and it's not like he'd out-perform Cracknell, Prust or Dorsett.

Archived