The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Toughness

EdgarM

16 hours ago, EdgarM said:

So, I have been thinking of Sbisa's latest big hits and where he had to fight with I think Winnipeg's Peluso afterwards. I am thinking that one of Prust or Dorsett should have showed some support for Sbisa. The same with Virtanen when he is throwing some killer checks and has to answer to whoever after the whistle. My feeling is that our tough guys should be providing a little push back and support for our younger players. Thoughts?

The reality for Sbisa in that Winnipeg game is that if you take a run at the other team's young guy, you can almost guarantee someone has your number in their sights. 

Luckily, Virtanen is one of the few rookies who can probably handle himself against NHL veterans in the physicality department. 

Did anyone else see Ed Willes'  paragraph about the Sbisa scrap? I'm with him, definetly should have been an instigator to Peluso, also agree the refs should have been quicker getting in there.

Sub Question.

When did good clean hits become an excuse to scrap someone?

19 hours ago, meh_wassup said:

Team toughness doesn't come from just 2 players providing push back, it comes from the whole team. The mentality of the whole team should be you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us... not just Dorsett and Prust.

We're missing a few of these guys. (Lucic, Byfuglien, Burns, Pardy, Engelland,)

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Did anyone else see Ed Willes'  paragraph about the Sbisa scrap? I'm with him, definetly should have been an instigator to Peluso, also agree the refs should have been quicker getting in there.

Sub Question.

When did good clean hits become an excuse to scrap someone?

When they got rid of Sestito's...

23 minutes ago, homersexual said:

What are you talking about? Tell me who was on the ice when McCann got hit and tell me who you wanted to throw punches?

Lmao! Are you banging your hands on a table? Tough guy, your writing voice is that of a small angry lawyer.

Are you of the opinion the team doesn't lack toughness? Because any one of Hansen, Hammer, Bartkowski or even Daniel should have at least taken a swipe at Larsson. But no, nothing.. Skating around, lalala, guess 5 and a game is okay. Weak sauce.

Maybe Larsson looked around and saw 5 guys with no push back all on the ice at the same time. Perfect opportunity to lay a cheap shot... Willy...

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lmao! Are you banging your hands on a table? Tough guy, your writing voice is that of a small angry lawyer.

Are you of the opinion the team doesn't lack toughness? Because any one of Hansen, Hammer, Bartkowski or even Daniel should have at least taken a swipe at Larsson. But no, nothing.. Skating around, lalala, guess 5 and a game is okay. Weak sauce.

Maybe Larsson looked around and saw 5 guys with no push back all on the ice at the same time. Perfect opportunity to lay a cheap shot... Willy...

I agree that we need toughness from our guys, where even the Twins stand up for their teammates.  And you're right too; it's a lot easier to be tough when there as an even tougher guy watching your back.  Toughness works it way down the lineup from the most tough guy to the least tough guy - the lawyer type you point out.  Even the lawyer type players - Higgins - can be tough with a Lucic beside him.

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree that we need toughness from our guys, where even the Twins stand up for their teammates.  And you're right too; it's a lot easier to be tough when there as an even tougher guy watching your back.  Toughness works it way down the lineup from the most tough guy to the least tough guy - the lawyer type you point out.  Even the lawyer type players - Higgins - can be tough with a Lucic beside him.

Exactly. Well said 

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

No, I'm throwing punches?

Archived