The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vrbata: "He kind of plays like Sakic", when asked about Jared McCann

TheRussianRocket.

I've been a huge Sakic fan since his rookie days with the Nordiques.  I have a fun and true story about Sakic; he used to live in White Rock in the summers in the early 90's.  I actually met him in White Rock while I was working at a paint store, I didn't recognize him at first, as he was quite slight and just 5'11", but then I noticed the Nordiques logo on his shorts.  I said to him, I followed you all year, you guys had a great year, I think you can win the cup!  He said to me, I believe we'll win it next year.  Wow, and the next year when the team moved to Colorado, he was true to his word!  First class guy.  I see some similarities to McCann on some aspects but it may be too early for comparisons, Joe was a pretty special player.

2 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Nice compliment by Radim.....I remember back in the day, when Sakic and the rest of the Avalanche, used to literally feast on the Canucks.

That's right. Milan Hejduk was the notorious "Canuck killer"

If McCann can be half the player Sakic was, we are very fortunate. Burnaby Joe was one in a million. The fact that this is coming from a former linemate is pretty interesting. Maybe Vrbata is pumping McCann's tires to build chemistry and make this a good line for the Canucks going forward. Let's hope so, I've been critical of Vrbata so far this season, maybe Mcann and Vrbata together works and we get our top goal scorer from last year back to what he need s to do....SCORE!

Archived