The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

1 minute ago, JAY JAY said:

Not forgetting the before, its the now. Who has the shootout book on McCann!
What would be so bad with Hansen just ripping it past the goalie.
Willie needs to change things up, what worked before doesn't anymore.
Liked that if we couldn't win in regulation, at least we didn't lose in OT. (close though)

Willie seems like the type of guy that lives and dies with his convictions.

He chooses to believe something will work if you do it enough times. I personally think that the more obvious you are to your opponents the easier you will be to pick apart. Gotta adapt!

1 minute ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

The Canucks have a bottom 10 defence group, it would be a waste to lose a guy who scored 10 goals last year for nothing. Im not saying Weber is our saviour or anything but our organizational depth on D is horrible. 

Weber has contributed 3 points and is -6.  He's small and can't defend so what exactly is the value he brings?

5 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

someone give Willie a pat on his back for simply screwing up Baerstchi's confidence level. LOL well done Willie, because Baerstchi wasn't playing so bad in the start of the season. Baerstchi seems like he is done lol Benning made a blunder move that made our rival land Dougie Hamilton wow. one thing I do have to say, how could it be Baerstchi was lights out in the ahl, Green turned him into a skilled player, remember him in the game against the Oilers! it was still a impressive performance, and even in the playoffs he had chances, THANK YOU WILLIE for screwing up this kids confidence, keep playing Higgins 2 points in 11 games yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! more grinders!

Sorry Desi, I kind of applaud your sticking up for the downtrodden but the reality is that Baertschi is on a one way train ride to join your other hero Bo-sang in "never good enough to be a Canuck" town. And the fact that neither of these guys was/is/are/or will be good enough has anything to do with WD. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He chooses to believe something will work if you do it enough times. I personally think that the more obvious you are to your opponents the easier you will be to pick apart. Gotta adapt!

And that's what's going to get his ass fired. 

13 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

someone give Willie a pat on his back for simply screwing up Baerstchi's confidence level. LOL well done Willie, because Baerstchi wasn't playing so bad in the start of the season. Baerstchi seems like he is done lol Benning made a blunder move that made our rival land Dougie Hamilton wow. one thing I do have to say, how could it be Baerstchi was lights out in the ahl, Green turned him into a skilled player, remember him in the game against the Oilers! it was still a impressive performance, and even in the playoffs he had chances, THANK YOU WILLIE for screwing up this kids confidence, keep playing Higgins 2 points in 11 games yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! more grinders!

Are you alright, bro? You seem kind of stressed out over something, but I don't know what it is...

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Or we are destined to miss the playoffs, and suffer the humiliation of (cross our fingers and toes) drafting a generational talent, much like we did in 1999 to get the Twins.  

26 minutes ago, TheAce said:

im surprised Bartkowski gets so much hate on these boards. Hes probably been our best puck moving D-man . Every game he is able to take the puck from our own end and lead the rush into the opposing teams end.

I agree, however it's when he gets it into the opposing zone he seems to have a brain fart as to what he should do with the puck.  It's like he surprises himself that he just did a gooder

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While WD is a bit of a amateur, Higgins at least plays with a pulse. Baertschi is a joke. He's an AHLer. And Yannik Weber. 

Giving Higgins minutes is useless. He shouldn't be a mentor, as he has countless bad habits... He's not effective on the ice... He plays for himself... His shot has deteriorated to an absolute joke and he is no where near the player he once was with Montreal and early Vancouver... Playing a kid like Baer in his place is better for the 'youth movement' than playing Higgins. Higgins could garner a 3rd or a 2nd from a team still brainwashed by his 'two way grinder' play.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While WD is a bit of a amateur, Higgins at least plays with a pulse. Baertschi is a joke. He's an AHLer. And Yannik Weber. 

AHLer? He has 7 points in 20 games playing limited minutes. Much better than Higgins, shootouts aside. And he's younger.

It doesn't matter if you don't think he plays hard enough, the point of the game is to produce offense and to defend. Baertschi has been fine defensively and has produced a bit of offense.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Or we are destined to miss the playoffs, and suffer the humiliation of (cross our fingers and toes) drafting a generational talent, much like we did in 1999 to get the Twins.  

Unless we're guaranteed to get Matthews, which there's no guarantee, I'm not holding out on that.

Chychrun is far from a sure thing right now. Any other player we get is a crap shoot.

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

hmmm .... last time we went to shootout was against Anaheim (only other time this season).  And, who won? Vrby with his patented move.  (but I dunno why he didn't try it this time)

time before that - 3rd last game of last season, versus Kings.  Who won?  Higgins with his s/o goal

prior to that, Nashville - Bonino with the s/o winner

then in march, a s/o loss in Phoenix, but 2 games before, a s/o win vs St louis, with the winning goal scored by Vrbata.

So i think Willie was going on the percentages and on recent history.

When was McCann's last shootout winning goal?  Or Hansen's?  Or Horvat's?

You're missing the point. The kids are here to REPLACE the vets that can't get it done anymore. Tonight's shootout was/is a prime example. What does Willie have to loose? We lost in the shootout anyway. Maybe we win with the kids, maybe we don't, but I guarantee you the kids will be different and maybe a tad more exciting than stick handle, stick handle, slow down, side to side, oops, stopped, missed the net, poke checked, or the Vrbata special. Let's dribble it to the goalie.

Archived