The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

** Is there anyone Else but the Canucks...**

WestlockWarrior

Think it would be a good idea if WD  - practices  Scoring more goals in seconds not minutes , and Mixing up the lines more to find Special teams...w our players

w the exception of adding a reliable D like Salo faster then boring Beroski.. who is slow .

46 minutes ago, WestlockWarrior said:

That doesn't use a 1st liner as one of their 3 starting shooters in the shoout. 

Name me one other team that does this In the nhl I dare you. 

Can't really blame them because the Twins are horrible on breaways.  It's more of a weird fact rather than a shot against the NUX. 

I'd rather win our shootouts over worrying about whether our shootout players are on the first line or not. Just saying....

Chris Higgins with the exact same predictable move that he does... Drags from forehand side and shoots top shelf either left or right corner. 

He should put the rookies in the shootout. I was thinking McCann would be used, but WD is a goof and apparently has no idea how to give confidence to his players.

I predict "Fire Willie" threads will be coming in soon if we don't start winning...

So who did they pick today?

Any combo of Vrbata, Sven, Burr and McCann gets my vote of confidence, depending who's had strong games that night.

Anyways, it confuses me as to why two of the guys with the best vision on the ice in #22 and #33 have such poor showings in shootouts (they do have some goals in penalty shots, so they can hold their own in one-on-one situations) but if it doesn't work then just go with the guys who are strong in that area.  

I was expecting with Willies changes in OT we might see McCann take the first OT shot. I guess that was to much pressure for the young lad.  

I know he's got skills. Sedins even said hes making moves they cant even make in practice.  Then again practice and real game atsmophere with your being the spotlight at a moment of climax is a lot different.

I am probably gonna sound like a broken record but use the kids maybe? Don't need to use Virt McCann and Baertschi back to back to back. But throw McCann or Baertschi out there and give em a chance. Might even build some offensive confidence going forward. Sedins have never been shootout threats, they are possession players.

Edit: if we are being honest, the kids can't be worse than the personnel we have been using.

Archived