The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting in Colorado Springs

Seifer86

9 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Well when you think about what Planned Parenthood does, I'm sure the death toll at their complex is much higher than 3 on a daily basis.

#stirringthepot

You're not stirring the pot, you're being a rectal cavity that excretes bodily waste bud.

Too soon and certainly not the thread to be pushing that crap.  People have died, a police officer has died and you're trying to pull that nonsense.

#immature #Growup #trollingisfortools

Just saying.  Wait a day or two

This is sad, what's even more sad is they are refusing via American mainstream media to call him what he is.  A Christian terrorist.  They have stated a few times they won't comment on his religious background, ideology or his political leanings just that he "is a disturbed individual who wasn't quite right in the head and to not blame the church he went to"

Sorry what?

As per his background from reputable non american media.  He is a right wing, republican voting, christian NRA member who has levied threats against planned parenthood and abortion clinics in the past.

The worst, and I do mean the worst after this is the fact that far right groups, anti abortion groups and even a few presidential nominees on the right are actually applauding this and using it as a platform for opening the abortion issue and pushing even MORE open carry laws and relaxation of gun laws.

WTF America...what kind of sick and pathetic example of a human being do you have to be to try to push the agenda after this tragedy?

Honestly, ask yourself that

#gunsforfetuses

45 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This is sad, what's even more sad is they are refusing via American mainstream media to call him what he is.  A Christian terrorist.  They have stated a few times they won't comment on his religious background, ideology or his political leanings just that he "is a disturbed individual who wasn't quite right in the head and to not blame the church he went to"

Sorry what?

As per his background from reputable non american media.  He is a right wing, republican voting, christian NRA member who has levied threats against planned parenthood and abortion clinics in the past.

The worst, and I do mean the worst after this is the fact that far right groups, anti abortion groups and even a few presidential nominees on the right are actually applauding this and using it as a platform for opening the abortion issue and pushing even MORE open carry laws and relaxation of gun laws.

WTF America...what kind of sick and pathetic example of a human being do you have to be to try to push the agenda after this tragedy?

Honestly, ask yourself that

This is very disappointing.  I'm right-of-centre, pro-guns and pro-responsibility in terms of the abortion issue, and I'm adamantly against Planned Parenthood... but shooting is never a justified political act in a democratic country. 

When you resort to violence, it means you've lost the debate. 

RIP to the victims.

For the shooter, throw the book at him. 

Clearly there are a lack of guns at Planned Parenthood...let's get some more guns in those doctor's hands, it's the only solution. Doctor's & Nurses should be packing a stethoscope, thermometer, and a Desert Eagle .50, they should be able to take your blood pressure AND blow a six inch hole through your chest. 'Natch.

I'm usually pretty critical of the police but the ones that took on this guy to save innocent people should be commended.   They bravely went head to head against an armed murderer on the loose, a terrorist, knowing they may not make it out alive.  And one of them didn't.  RIP Garrett Swasey (and other victims).

9 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Muslim shooter - entire religion guilty + full media coverage.

Black shooter - entire race guilty + full media coverage.

White shooter - mentally unstable lone wolf + not much media coverage.

what world do you live in? the websites i read run an anti-white, middle class male narrative daily

if this actually represents your experience with the media, i highly suggest you start reading different things. if it isn't your experience with the media, and you're just looking for those +1s from that eclectic bunch who comes to CDC for news, then carry on.

2 articles headlining slate.com at the time of posting

2 articles headlining new republic at time of posting

major headline on thenation.com at the time of posting

headline on nytimes.com

i'm just going to stop looking now

20 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

what world do you live in? the websites i read run an anti-white, middle class male narrative daily

if this actually represents your experience with the media, i highly suggest you start reading different things. if it isn't your experience with the media, and you're just looking for those +1s from that eclectic bunch who comes to CDC for news, then carry on.

2 articles headlining slate.com at the time of posting

2 articles headlining new republic at time of posting

major headline on thenation.com at the time of posting

headline on nytimes.com

i'm just going to stop looking now

And yet it's true that the loudest outlets on those other examples are among the quietest now. I agree that no one should trust those outlets as sources if that's what they're seeing but many people do because they have a wide audience. There should be more integrity in the media instead of pushing an agenda that's predominantly false. That this thread is only one page speaks to how domestic terrorism like this is treated when foreign terrorism is very highly scrutinized by comparison.

People need to calm down. The reason media outlets are quiet is because we know nothing about the shooter, or if he even did it yet. He lived in a cabin in the woods without electricity and turned himself in. Entirely different scenario from someone who is part of a network of people they communicate with via the internet.

If the motives were political, I'd say this qualifies as terrorism. However, the fact he is being described as a "lone wolf" does seem to be an accurate description and not an example of media bias.

11 hours ago, taxi said:

People need to calm down. The reason media outlets are quiet is because we know nothing about the shooter, or if he even did it yet. He lived in a cabin in the woods without electricity and turned himself in. Entirely different scenario from someone who is part of a network of people they communicate with via the internet.

If the motives were political, I'd say this qualifies as terrorism. However, the fact he is being described as a "lone wolf" does seem to be an accurate description and not an example of media bias.

I agree with your first paragraph, but I disagree that something needs to be political to be described as terrorism.

The guy's motive was to kill and instill fear in those who work at, or visit Planned Parenthood, all in the name of promoting a right-wing, religious agenda. That's terrorism in my books.

Archived