The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Christmas Wish for the Canucks (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Best possible outcome. Trade away a vet on TDL for a first round pick. The said team somehow manage to miss the playoffs and their first round pick (now ours) wins the lottery allowing us to pick somewhere in the top three. Canucks makes the playoffs and go all the way to the final.

So what are the chances on this statisticians?

2 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Best possible outcome. Trade away a vet on TDL for a first round pick. The said team somehow manage to miss the playoffs and their first round pick (now ours) wins the lottery allowing us to pick somewhere in the top three. Canucks makes the playoffs and go all the way to the final.

One in quadrillion. But there's still a chance.

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I don't recall a team ever trading their first for a rental at the deadline and then missing the playoffs. So zero chance.

my christmas wish for the canucks is, that they and their families have a safe and wonderful time...and for trevor and jim, good luck in building their team...and for their fans, patience and loyalty...for me, a nice lottery win...for deb, a reason to ring her cowbell....

6 hours ago, smithers joe said:

my christmas wish for the canucks is, that they and their families have a safe and wonderful time...and for trevor and jim, good luck in building their team...and for their fans, patience and loyalty...for me, a nice lottery win...for deb, a reason to ring her cowbell....

And their passion for the game allows each and every player to reach their individual potential!

On 29/11/2015, 1:14:24, Spoderman said:

So in other words, Tank for Chychrun.

I agree tbh. 

You don't have to tank to have a shot at Chychrun (although it does make it easier).  Trade away older players on the last year of their contracts or whom still hold some value (Vrbata, Hamhuis), let's be honest we're getting nothing for Higgins.  Hopefully we can get some more first round picks.

20 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Get rid of Higgins and Weber.

Whoa...ok now.  Some of you are asking for the moon.,

My only Christmas wish would be that a majority of the young guns...Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Hutton, Baertschi, and what the h... Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Demko, Pedan, Cassels and Subban included...

..would suddenly have huge leaps in development surpassing their projected positions. McCann would turn into our most lethal sniper (leaving room to trade Vrbata if so desired). Jake Virtanen would start to look like a Troy Brouwer. Hutton just keeps doing what hes doing, only grows bigger. 

Archived