The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jordan Schroeder

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

He'd almost be worth a flyer with Sutter out if there were another injury or two, but I just don't see it with the current depth the team has.

Pretty much, liked him even if he didn't turn out but we have better options currently.

drafting him at the draft position he was chosen was a reach

our past GM was trying to hit a home run and wiffed

schroeder is simply one in a line of players drafted by the canucks during an extremely poor draft run

our current crop of young players appear to have a more solid future than the past draft era mistakes

20 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

drafting him at the draft position he was chosen was a reach

our past GM was trying to hit a home run and wiffed

schroeder is simply one in a line of players drafted by the canucks during an extremely poor draft run

our current crop of young players appear to have a more solid future than the past draft era mistakes

No it was absolutely NOT a reach. Sure hindsight is great, but you could time travel back to 2009, I'd say 90% of the fanbase was estatic with this pick. 

Drafting is only half the battle, well chonicled how our farm team was a mess and it also falls on Jordan himself. 

Lol at the people who are bashing the fact we drafted him and saying he was a reach picked at the spot he was taken.

Either you weren't around during those days, or you guys are putting on an act, but getting Schroeder where we got him during that draft the entire fan base was ecstatic, he was a great pick at that draft position. So let's cut the crap.  Some prospects pan out, others don't,

"Thats just the way she goes" - Ray Pissjugsnpepperoni

17 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Lol at the people who are bashing the fact we drafted him and saying he was a reach picked at the spot he was taken.

Either you weren't around during those days, or you guys are putting on an act, but getting Schroeder where we got him during that draft the entire fan base was ecstatic, he was a great pick at that draft position. So let's cut the crap.  Some prospects pan out, others don't,

"Thats just the way she goes" - Ray Pissjugsnpepperoni

I was not ecstatic. Did not want him after already picking a smallish center the year before in Hodgson

6 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

No it was absolutely NOT a reach. Sure hindsight is great, but you could time travel back to 2009, I'd say 90% of the fanbase was estatic with this pick. 

Drafting is only half the battle, well chonicled how our farm team was a mess and it also falls on Jordan himself. 

he fell a fair way in that draft

i was never impressed with him

and small player with NO outstanding skills at all to justify his draft position

what did people see in him as a player that made them ecstatic ?

i saw a smallish player with less skill than Cliff Ronning and a long shot to make it in this league

I remember he was almost, kinda, sorta breaking out and he broke something from a blocked shot? I think? Just never got back in stride. 

I never liked him, don't really like small players that play small. Even midget boy Subban annoys me. 

Archived