The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Max Talbot

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

mmm hes on waivers so i doubt someone will trade for him highly unlikely

Well I think we're at our contract limit; which would be why we'd have to trade for him if we wanted him at least.

That being said, I don't think he'd help our team out at this point and I hope we pass on that. lol

Hmm, wouldn't be completely opposed to trying him out until Sutter returns and the Canucks have 4 natural Cs. Last year had 18 points and before that 25, not bad for a center who spends a lot of time on the 4th line. His playoff performances have always been intruiging.

Might be another good leader-player like Prust and Dorsett. I don't think it's his effort that lacks, but for some reason wore down a bit younger than most players (maybe ironically cuz of all his effort, esp. in the playoffs.). 

Doesn't really matter, but wouldn't be the worst tryout, even for a game or two to see how he looks with the team. If no good, back onto waivers. Sure Benning has a good idea of him from his Boston year/Talbot out east. 

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Well I think we're at our contract limit; which would be why we'd have to trade for him if we wanted him at least.

That being said, I don't think he'd help our team out at this point and I hope we pass on that. lol

Think on that for a second... we lost frankie on waivers. Who replaced his spot? But seriously I think we are at 47 (ohl contracts slide)

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Think on that for a second... we lost frankie on waivers. Who replaced his spot? But seriously I think we are at 47 (ohl contracts slide)

Talbot's a forward. If he's replacing Frankie, we're in trouble..... lol

EDIT: Ah I see what you mean with contracts. There must have been some false information going around then about contracts. I don't know why I believed it to begin with thinking about it.

38 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

mmm hes on waivers so i doubt someone will trade for him highly unlikely

You can't pick someone off waivers and trade them. You can only trade them once the season is over. Waivers are a device to keep players employed, not to be used for teams to acquire assets for an already free asset.

4 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

You can't pick someone off waivers and trade them. You can only trade them once the season is over. Waivers are a device to keep players employed, not to be used for teams to acquire assets for an already free asset.

You can actually trade them. But you have to offer them up for free to the team that you claimed them from and every other team that put a claim in originally. Never happens but that was the rule.

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

You can actually trade them. But you have to offer them up for free to the team that you claimed them from and every other team that put a claim in originally. Never happens but that was the rule.

That's true but it would not make any sense to trade for someone you could simply have for free. Even if your contract space is limited you can simply send someone else on waivers. Simply put you can't pick someone up and then trade them.

6 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Pick him up and put him in Utica, could be a great mentor for the young guys down there.

If I only had a dollar for every time I heard "pick him up and put him in utica". Never gets old no matter how impossible.

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Talbot's a forward. If he's replacing Frankie, we're in trouble..... lol

EDIT: Ah I see what you mean with contracts. There must have been some false information going around then about contracts. I don't know why I believed it to begin with thinking about it.

General Fanager says 45 currently, so I have no idea where 50 is coming from.

But no need for Talbot here. Pass.

Archived