The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

7 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

What side does Matthews play? I could see Willie starting him with the Sedins, see if they click. That's how talented and mature this kid is.

He's a natural center and I would be very disappointed if the team tried to convert him to a winger.. He's good enough to carry a line by himself and would ideally be our 2C, and then take over from the Sedins in 2-3 years.

Management and the veterans definitely need a wakeup call.

However, this is important experience for the young guns; we need them to start hating to lose and hate their opponent to the single point of them wanting to win the game so bad.

Why do you think Doughty and the Kings hate the Canucks so much?

“The Canucks are definitely a 10,” Doughty told the site. “We hate every single guy on that team. But, that’s always what’s fun about hockey. When you hate a team so much you want to win so bad.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/drew-doughty-los-angeles-kings-anze-kopitar-vancouver-canucks/

14 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We've lost Kesler and Bieksa, replace them with a relatively soft and short Bartkowski and Prust. You'd think Prust and Dorsett are enough up front, with a pretty mean Sbisa on the back-end, but they're not.

?

"Short" Bartkowski is as big as Bieksa (they are both 6'1"), is far more mobile, moves the puck better, and is an overall upgrade, regardless of your perception that he's 'soft'.

Where do you get the idea that Kesler was replaced by Prust?  Nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We've lost Kesler and Bieksa, replace them with a relatively soft and short Bartkowski and Prust. You'd think Prust and Dorsett are enough up front, with a pretty mean Sbisa on the back-end, but they're not.

lol Prust isn't soft. Come on. Did you mean Sutter?

1 minute ago, slickjim23 said:

He's a natural center and I would be very disappointed if the team tried to convert him to a winger.. He's good enough to carry a line by himself and would ideally be our 2C, and then take over from the Sedins in 2-3 years.

Oh really? My mistake, I assumed he played wing for some reason. 

If Canucks do land that pick by some miracle, our center depth will be ridiculous. Henrik, Mathews, Sutter, Horvat. McCann or Sutter can play wing. 

10 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Well, I don't miss those qualities haha...

But this team is really missing a player who is physical but also talented. Lucic could be an option this summer, as long he doesn't demand a crippling contract. Hometwon discount, I think! 

Unfortunately; with those bad characteristics, he is not wanted on any team, it was clear that even Team USA players had enough of him by the end of the Olympics.

But I get your point, we need another Sandpaper guy with skill, hard to come by thou.

honestly don't see the point of having cracknell over other guys who don't have a team.  Could easily bring in a guy with the same skill set but hits hard and can occasionally drop the gloves.  Seems alright if we need a soft hitting checker but we got a bunch of those guys already.

Was this after Bo gave Kesler the puck on the second goal? 

He might have been chirping him about it. I wouldn't doubt that Kesler called for that puck, I can't see Bo making that play otherwise

Just now, Canucks Prophet said:

Oh really? My mistake, I assumed he played wing for some reason. 

If Canucks do land that pick by some miracle, our center depth will be ridiculous. Henrik, Mathews, Sutter, Horvat. McCann or Sutter can play wing. 

No worries. It's hard to get a view of him since he plays in a pretty obscure league. 

And I agree, the center depth would be very nice, especially in the West. Matthews would absolutely transform this team's present AND future and be the player we've really needed for such a long time. True franchise talent... A lot of scouts have him ranked over Eichel. He brings a very unique style of play... Toughness along with elite two way ability and very high offensive IQ. I could see him being a more physical, mean John Toews... Or even better... Sky is the limit with this kid. Absolutely unbelievable tools.

4 minutes ago, CanucksSayEh said:

Kesler trolled all the youngsters on Calgary during the playoffs. They wail on us in 6. Kes in game 1 goes out and puts down Gaudreau, lets him know he's his punk for the next week. 

Meh - Gaudreau scored a couple goals in that series - 1 more than Kesler actually - I'm not sure the little guy was the Divemaster's punk at all.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

?

"Short" Bartkowski is as big as Bieksa (they are both 6'1"), is far more mobile, moves the puck better, and is an overall upgrade, regardless of your perception that he's 'soft'.

Where do you get the idea that Kesler was replaced by Prust?  Nonsense. 

Bartkowski plays small. He doesn't get into scrums, never fights and rarely throws big hits - good on him for his hit tonight against Anaheim, that's the first I can remember in a while. You can't deny Kevin is far more physical and certainly sticks up for his team mates more. In terms of skating, of course Bartkowski is better and he's a better passer with far less mistakes, but in terms of physicality, he's VERY soft in comparison.

Edler - Getting old, hasn't thrown a big hit all season long to my recollection.

Tanev - Hasn't thrown a big hit his entire career. Definately not physical.

Hamhuis - Getting old, it's been a couple seasons since he delivered a good hip check. Useless at clearing the crease.

Hutton - Thin boy, hasn't hit yet and can't clear the crease.

Weber - Don't even get me started.

Bartkowski - Doesn't hit either

Sbisa - Strong physically along the boards, throws big hits, can clear the crease

That's 1 physical defenceman out of 7. Pretty much a joke.

And I never said Prust directly replaced Kesler, but the reason JB got him was to replace grit lost, in part from Kesler.

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I just heard from 1040 that Weber helped Maroon get to the bench after he got cut.... at the same time his teammate McCann was getting rag dolled by Getzlaf..... 

8.gif

I don't know how I feel about this information.

On one hand, that's a classy move. On the other, just go away Weber....

Archived