The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

2 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Canucks fired Torts two years ago and after a season and a quarter of a season you want Desjardins fired?

Is coaching really the issue on this team?

Not even close to being an issue in my opinion really. It's not like we're a Stanley Cup contender or anything and we're seeing prospects actually suiting up in NHL jerseys.

Why should we even change? Because someone doesn't like him because he doesn't do what that someone wants? lol

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Bartkowski plays small. He doesn't get into scrums, never fights and rarely throws big hits - good on him for his hit tonight against Anaheim, that's the first I can remember in a while. You can't deny Kevin is far more physical and certainly sticks up for his team mates more. In terms of skating, of course Bartkowski is better and he's a better passer with far less mistakes, but in terms of physicality, he's VERY soft in comparison.

Bartkowski - Doesn't hit either

And I never said Prust directly replaced Kesler, but the reason JB got him was to replace grit lost, in part from Kesler.

Nice story, but Bartkowski has thrown 6.7 hits/60 throughout his career, Bieksa 4.4/60.

Bartkowski is not soft - not fighting does not make a guy "soft".   If Prust is "soft", you must be one mean internet tough guy.

Great - Bieksa sticks up for his team-mates - but otherwise is a liability, plain and simple.  Fortunately GMJB went out and got someone that can play between the whistles and regardless of what people think about the blueline, the fire drills are far fewer and further between, even with a handful of rookies in the lineup every night.

Prust was brought in to replace Kassian - it's that simple.  Your narrative is nonsense.

17 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

That may be true but he could still help this team. Specially on the PP. Other than Burrows, no one has the balls to stand in front of the net. I think he'd be perfect on that regard.

Aside from playing stupid - a lot,...Looch will not likely be worth near the money that he'll clearly want, ask or demand. If he actually condescends to play for the team that represents his former home-town,..for some unbelievable home-town discount, ..would Trev actually sign-on for something like that?! I mean,...I thought character was supposed to matter and be the key element in the aquisition & drafting of players for this team. Lucic still seems to live & play in... selfish-land. We could create or aquire a younger/cheaper model,...without the headaches or bad-history. Besides - Miller & Looch on the same team...would look beyond ridiculous! ^_^

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Nice story, but Bartkowski has thrown 6.7 hits/60 throughout his career, Bieksa 4.4/60.

Bartkowski is not soft - not fighting does not make a guy "soft".  

Great - Bieksa sticks up for his team-mates - but otherwise is a liability, plain and simple.  Fortunately GMJB went out and got someone that can play between the whistles and regardless of what people think about the blueline, the fire drills are far fewer and further between, even with a handful of rookies in the lineup every night.

Prust was brought in to replace Kassian - it's that simple.  Your narrative is nonsense.

I'm not saying Bartkowski was a mistake, I think he's a fantastic replacement for Bieksa for a quarter of the cost. The problem is, our defence is too one-dimensional. Hitting is not a statistic I like to read too much in to, you really have to watch the games because being "tough" is far more subjective than say offence and scoring. How are you to know how hard or tactical those hits are? They credit Henrik Sedin with plenty of hits some games but he's hardly knocking opponents out. Bartkowski is definately subjectively softer than many defencemen - he's a puck mover. He's a great skater and passer, has a sort of decent shot, but he's not a physical shutdown defenceman.

Sbisa on the other hand is. You can tell just by watching games, the way he clears the crease and battles along the boards. There's unfortunately no statistic or objective way to compare this, just watch the games and go off subjective measures. Bartkowski really struggles in front of his own crease when chaos starts to kick in and bigger forwards out muscle him for loose pucks and rebounds. It's happened time and time again this season.

I'm still saying, Bartkowski is a fantastic 6th-7th defenceman signing. JB just has to complement these non-physical puck movers with strong, big, tougher shutdown defencemen. Sbisa is one man and he's the sort of mould we need more of to play with our softer puck movers.

As for Prust, just drop it, I think it's too big a narrative for you to understand so I'll keep it simple - our team toughness has wavered over the last few years, it declined a LOT when we lost Kesler and Bieksa. Sbisa helped out a bit there but Prust was mainly brought in to be that physical policeman on the ice - the type Kesler and Biekas were. Kassian was never that sort of toughness.

We've always been lacking in that department and it's alright when you're playing other soft teams, you don't notice it. But in these big gritty games and playoff games, we get absolutely slaughtered because it really shows.

I'm angry too but I don't think it's willies fault, in the end the players control what's on the ice more than the coach.  Our defense is just not good enough, we got like two 7th defensemen playing too many minutes and losing sutter for so long is really showing our lack of depth and secondary scoring.  

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

As for Prust, just drop it, I think it's too big a narrative for you to understand so I'll keep it simple - our team toughness has wavered over the last few years, it declined a LOT when we lost Kesler and Bieksa. Sbisa helped out a bit there but Prust was mainly brought in to be that physical policeman on the ice - the type Kesler and Biekas were. Kassian was never that sort of toughness.

yeah that's a big, simple, hard to understand narrative alright.

1171127_o.gif

30 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I just heard from 1040 that Weber helped Maroon get to the bench after he got cut.... at the same time his teammate McCann was getting rag dolled by Getzlaf.....

8.gif

Well,...if he had thought that Maroon may have cut a major artery,...then he would obviously be respecting the emergency needs of a fellow-union bro out there....without any regard to the team jersey worn. Every player & fan should be able to understand that,... and feel likewise. Get real. I remember seeing a dude's throat slashed upon the ice. Get the guy to his trainer/doc/medic before he passes-out & quick.

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Looks like someone's a bit upset after the loss. Do yourself a favor, have a bath, go to sleep and you'll feel better in the morning kiddo.

Prust is "soft", Kesler is a tough guy, Kassian wasn't....and other genius prattle from DUC.

Thanks, I'm all schooled up and ready for my bath now.

9 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Well,...if he had thought that Maroon may have cut a major artery,...then he would obviously be respecting the emergency needs of a fellow-union bro out there....without any regard to the team jersey worn. Every player & fan should be able to understand that,... and feel likewise. Get real. I remember seeing a dude's throat slashed upon the ice. Get the guy to his trainer/doc/medic before he passes-out & quick.

did they say what he cut

The team was probably tired. It's the ups and downs of a season. It will not be easy to make the playoffs, just look at our roster.

We really have 2 ways to win, either the Sedins dominate or goaltending does. If one of them shows up, we have a good chance to win. Neither? long ass night

Archived