The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

Race to the bottom.

ps Hey Weber we were just kidding about you and your massages to the other team, you didn't have to take it literally buddy  that maroon didn't need you to babysit him 10 feet to the bench... but McCann could have used some help.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Virtanen gets cross checked in the ribs and injured.

Horvat gets a bullying from Kesler.

McCann gets ragdolled by Getzlaf.

I hope WD takes the veterans aside and rips them for this. Pretty disgraceful when you leave the future of your organization out there on their own. McCann shouldn't have to throw punches at Getzlaf as he's getting up from the ice, he should be skating away as Prust is pumelling Getzlaf's face in and taking a 10 minute misconduct. Get suspended, you're a pathetic 4th line winger, that's your job. Police this crap or get scratched.

I seriously hope we have time to call up Gaunce or Grenier for the next game and send a message to some of these veterans.

This has been going on for YEARS. Nothing new.

The only guy that had EVERYONE's back recently was Sestito and he was promptly shown the door once WD came in and given no real chance. 

Pains my heart to see the team I grew up with be so soft year in year out. 

I long for the early 2000's, we may not have been the best, but no one messed with our guys. 

Coaching is not great, but not even close to the biggest issue on the team. The 100 point season last year masked a lot of the issues that are coming to light right now. The bottom 9. The entire defence corps. The special teams. The goaltending. All problematic. The team needs a rebuild. Not a retool. Not a refresh. An honest to goodness trade the vets and stock the picks rebuild. 

37 minutes ago, oldnews said:

A minor detail Apple Juice.  You're interfering with the narrative.

As is the fact that the "pathetic fourth liner" wouldn't have taken a 10 minute misconduct as suggested in DownUnder's version of reality,  he'd have taken a 10 game suspension for leaving the bench.

Now Gaunce would have set Getzlaf straight.  Call him up.  And look out L.A!  

Last time I checked Virtanen was injured pretty early on in the game. What was Dorsett and Prust doing the entire game, sitting around on their hands? They had a couple of nice shifts in the offensive zone - fair enough, wouldn't want to goon around when you might score, but they had their opportunities to get a licking in on some Anaheim stars. They didn't do it, Anaheim realized they could get away with murder and they went out and Getzlaf roughs up McCann.

If one of our "tough guys" had stepped in and retaliated to that Virtanen injury we would have seen a different game. Instead the Ducks continued it all night long, even Vatanen and co. were getting into it with dirty slashes everywhere. I noticed a couple by the Canucks too but nothing that sent a message, and that's what we needed to do. Instead, the Ducks sent us a message and didn't let up.

Also I never said Gaunce would goon it up, but playing Gaunce instead of these veterans would send a message to THEM. Play harder, tougher and protect your team-mates because that's your #1 job. If you can't do that, you sit. That's been the memo to every other player on this team, why not Prust and Dorsett? They were invisible tonight where their team needed them the most. Otherwise what's the point of having them eat up so much of our cap space?

This game had shades of the 2011 SCF all over again, and it's pretty pathetic from an organizational stand point that they STILL haven't learned. The book is clearly out on the Canucks - play them hard and dirty and they'll fold every time. For a team to have the same weakness for half a decade is pretty damn pathetic.

5 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

This has been going on for YEARS. Nothing new.

The only guy that had EVERYONE's back recently was Sestito and he was promptly shown the door once WD came in and given no real chance. 

Pains my heart to see the team I grew up with be so soft year in year out. 

I long for the early 2000's, we may not have been the best, but no one messed with our guys. 

i say   keep sedins edler sutter prust barto sbisa hutton tanev horvat crackers mccann virt bartchi burr   miller markstrom but rest of team package for upgraded d 

hansen and vrbata  to isles for hamonic  solidifies isles wingers for playoff run  if vrbata doesnt sign an extension  we give a 3rd 

dorsett and hamhuis to panthers for a 1st  retain half their salaries

2 vets help panthers get to playoffs 

waive weber

trade vey and jensen for b level defensive prospects anywhere 

sedin sedin burr

baertchi sutter virtanen

gaunce   horvat mccann

prust cracker grenier

shinkaruk 13th forward

edler tanev

hutton hamonic

sbisa pedan

bartoski

miller 

markstrom 

9 young guys but much tougher to play against and much faster team 

Same old, same old… I am so tired of wishing this team was tougher. I am so tired of this team getting pushed around year after year. If you're not a 'nucks fan, the first thing you tee off on is how soft they have been forever. I've been sticking up for this crew for close to ten years now but it keeps getting harder and harder every year. Tonight's game looked disturbingly like all those playoff beatdowns we've taken. I'm sure every team has them but man am I tired of having my team not respond when the bullying starts.

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

Same old, same old… I am so tired of wishing this team was tougher. I am so tired of this team getting pushed around year after year. If you're not a 'nucks fan, the first thing you tee off on is how soft they have been forever. I've been sticking up for this crew for close to ten years now but it keeps getting harder and harder every year. Tonight's game looked disturbingly like all those playoff beatdowns we've taken. I'm sure every team has them but man am I tired of having my team not respond when the bullying starts.

Then again, none of it matters if you can't defend or score… ho hum...

Dejardins
Vrbata
Hamhuis
CBJ 2nd rounder ~

for

Tortorella
Johansen 
Murray
CBJ 1st rounder

Columbus gets a huge upgrade in coach and Vancouver exchanges BC boys and gets stronger down the middle with RyJo and Hammer swapping. Vrbata adds a much needed offense Columbus is looking for. And Murray is a throw-in to even up the trade. Swapping draft picks because Dejardins is an All-Star. 

2 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I miss him, I can't lie. He was always already to drop the gloves, a quality that's badly missing in this current team. Kesler would have fought Getzlaf in a heartbeat after that dirty check. 

Really? I saw many incidents like that when Kesler was a Canuck and nothing happened.

Why are people so defensive? Kesler probably told the truth. Horvat has been playing like crap this whole season. The twins still stay connected to the past players and those players always stay in touch to see whats going on. The last player that made an impact as a 18-19 year old and worked well was Kesler, so whatever he says, Horvat, McCaan, and Virtanen all should listen. It's for their own good. This year, and maybe even the next few years, they are going to take a beating but hopefully they will have the right mindset to develop and become somebody in the NHL world. Right now, they are just prospects. While, fans treat them too well as potential future franchise players, unless you are McDavid, the NHL players don't know who they are. The prospects will have to earn their position in the NHL. 

We'd be lucky if any of the kids come close to Kesler and he's earned all his titles. Selke winning, two-way forward, one of the best shut down players in the league. While, his offense has dried up a bit, he still steps it up in the playoffs. 

Don't like his antics? Boo hoo. Look at every single team that won a cup. They have those type of players. When Kesler was a Canuck, nobody complained about it.  It's only when he's gone, that people start crying. 

As for the clown that says what has Kesler won? and says Bo Horvat will be a gold medal winner one day. Look at the competition. Bo Horvat has a hell lot of developing to do, to even become close to playing for Team Canada. With the way he's playing right now, he won't even be considered for the team, let alone be on the team. Such a stupid comment. 

mccann is a sniper i didnt expect him to make canucks for two more yrs but hes doing well.

horvat is in a bit of a  second yr slump  he will work way out of it.

virtanen shows little glimpses of his pedigree  next yr he will be much better after a summer of working out early in last nights game someobe hit virtanen in corner and jake send them flying loved it the guy didnt expect that.

grenier  and gaunce looked great in callups

pedan looks ready for a callup 

shinkaruk  is in top 10 in ahl scoring finding his touch in his second pro season knocking on door

hutton makes vet plays  cool as ice not to shabby plus 8 apples is decent offensive output 

demko  college stats are insane   we will have best young goalie in league once he goes pro

boeser is sniping it up in college

late round junior picks seem to be doing well in  chl 

the future looks brighter than oilers  we need to draft some good dmen  this summer  and we will be fine our center and winger depth is nice 

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Virtanen gets cross checked in the ribs and injured.

Horvat gets a bullying from Kesler.

McCann gets ragdolled by Getzlaf.

I hope WD takes the veterans aside and rips them for this. Pretty disgraceful when you leave the future of your organization out there on their own. McCann shouldn't have to throw punches at Getzlaf as he's getting up from the ice, he should be skating away as Prust is pumelling Getzlaf's face in and taking a 10 minute misconduct. Get suspended, you're a pathetic 4th line winger, that's your job. Police this crap or get scratched.

I seriously hope we have time to call up Gaunce or Grenier for the next game and send a message to some of these veterans.

I think WD has been taking it too easy on the vets. Some of these vets need to be reminded of what their roles are.

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Wait, this conversation went from WD to people wanting Matthews?

So do you guys want a good coach or not? I'm so confused!

You can want Matthews but he is likely going to be Edmonton's 3rd line center while they prepare to tank next season for Nolan Patrick

I'm curious to know what makes people think Green will be a better coach than Desjardins?

I remember when everybody wanted Willie as our coach, when Torts got fired. Fast forward one year later, everybody wants him gone. Pathetic.

Archived