The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

8 hours ago, vladimirpuck said:

The players seem to be tuning Willie out. Tonight's game against the Ducks was horrible, no energy, no enthusiasm, even John Garrett said they looked tired. You can blame the players but you can't replace all of them, there's one person you can replace though and that's Willie. Nobody man upped, they just let the Ducks push them around, it's the coach's responsibility to motivate these guys, push these guys, force these guys to be responsible for their actions, etc. I think Willie has been trying but it's not getting through to them this season.

Yeah, and there are the assistant coaches too. There is no way the team should have no push back . They aren't even standing up for each other. No D and not tough enough. What did they get Proust for ? This is Benning and Lindens nightmare.

7 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Hank had more hits than Dorsett or Prust combined last night, in a game where we needed them in the roles they were signed for. I like Crack but where was the challenge from our so called tough guys as the kids were being gooned. The coach you admire so much has kept Higgins-McCann-Vrbata line intact as the have generated more threat other than the Sedins line. Higgins forechecks hard and is the d-winger on that line, who are you going to replace him with?

Why don't we try someone like Gaunce or Bancks (is he ours?) Or move Burr over and play Grenier, who I thought looked better than Higgins when he was up.

I don't blame Willie because he is being asked to maintain a winning culture, not experiment. You can't blame him for playing a safer type of player.

I am just getting tired of hoping our skill wins through on the night only to see us being man handled to defeat. For me the team lacks "devilment" the kind of trait McCann shows in spades and I'm not just saying that about McCann now, I have posted previously about how he seems to relish the competitive physical aspects despite his size. Something even Bo could learn from.

Nope, time for the bandwagon fans to be gone, forever. We are clearly not a contender, probably not even a playoff team, and it is time to develop youth to be the pillars of the future Canucks. There will be more losses like these, get used to it. A lot of comments about vets not standing up for our youth. Would like to point out we have always been a soft team. 

Sedins, they do what they do best. Not physical? Can't help it, they are first line players. 

Burrows, can stand up for himself. But he has never been a physical presence. And hes now 35 years old. 

Higgins, worries more about his looks than anything. Probably doesn't want to get in a scrum in order to avoid getting face injuries. 

Hansen/Edler, not a physical presence.

If only Dorsett was 3 inches taller.

57 minutes ago, ice orca said:
4 hours ago, shiznak said:

I'm curious to know what makes people think Green will be a better coach than Desjardins?

I remember when everybody wanted Willie as our coach, when Torts got fired. Fast forward one year later, everybody wants him gone. Pathetic.

Not everybody wanted Willie, lots of people wanted some other coaches.

At least Torts protected his players.

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Disgusting.  Like a repeat of Game 7 in 2011 with even less passion from the Canucks, but fortunately far less at stake.

Worst performance of the year.  Canucks put the lotion in the basket tonight.

Well now I know how we played in Game 7.

Honestly, changing coaches is going to do very little to turn the fortunes of this team around. People meed to resign themselves to the fact that this is a bottom third of the league lineup and that there are occasionally going to be nights like last night.

Matthews or Chychrun would be great, but I'm not convinced the team is quite that bad. Maybe if there's a sell-off of assets at the trade deadline...

If I'm not mistaken this is the kind of team management wanted, except they want skating, what a laugh . All they did was be there and get their ass kicked with no response. There are a few areas management may want to improve on which are painfully obvious after the Dallas game and last nights disaster. They cannot rely on Miller game after game.

16 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Why don't we try someone like Gaunce or Bancks (is he ours?) Or move Burr over and play Grenier, who I thought looked better than Higgins when he was up.

I don't blame Willie because he is being asked to maintain a winning culture, not experiment. You can't blame him for playing a safer type of player.

I am just getting tired of hoping our skill wins through on the night only to see us being man handled to defeat. For me the team lacks "devilment" the kind of trait McCann shows in spades and I'm not just saying that about McCann now, I have posted previously about how he seems to relish the competitive physical aspects despite his size. Something even Bo could learn from.

McCann plays with a big chip on his shoulder, he is going to be a treat in a couple of years. Bo is being thrust into the deep end with Sutter out and a steady diet of rotating wingers, thats pretty tough on a guy just getting wet behind the ears.

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Oh noes...Kesler was chirping?!? [Insert shock and awe.]

It's part of his game. A game we all enjoyed for years when he was ours.

Agreed.

If Horvat didn't like it, he should've showed a little more emotion and did something about it.

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

Not everybody wanted Willie, lots of people wanted some other coaches.

It seems like management has just been hoping the team would survive the season somehow. It has been known that the team wasn't tough enough since the 2011 cup final. Thing is since then, anyone they had that was tough, was let go, traded or whatever. It doesn't matter though as long as the Arena is filled.

14 minutes ago, Komodo13 said:

Agreed.

If Horvat didn't like it, he should've showed a little more emotion and did something about it.

They are probably coached to stay out of the penalty box. They don't want Horvat to come along too fast. They should put Horvat with the Sedins and see what that does.

Archived