The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 4, Vancouver 0

TheRussianRocket.

14 hours ago, Nuckster1970 said:

Getzlaf, I am ashamed to say you are Canadian, you go after two 19 year olds in the game, intent to injure when cross checking Virtanen in the exposed area under the arms and side of body. So glad to see you are having a great year production wise, what a great captain????

Try going after Prust next time you wimp.

Totally agree, where were our vets defending our young guys. But what the hell is Getzlaf doing going after a pair of 19 year olds? Real he-man hockey Getzlaf, and this is a captain?

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Aquilinis want butts in seats, and by having Benning spin his yarn, they thought that it would work.

Attendance is clearly dwindling as people aren't interested (and I mean actual hockey fans who follow the team, not the vacuous corporate crowd and the selfie brigade) in watching a team with no clear identity go through the motions anymore. The Sedins are still awesome, and Hansen is having a season to remember, but the remainder of the old core is sucking wind and boring as hell.

Who would want to pay the inflated ticket prices to watch this in person, when one can sit at home and cheer how they like and not pay $8 for a hot dog?

Owners want to make money. Who doesn't. I would look at things different. Lets day we tank and rebuild and get a superstar like matthews(dream big) and lost on playoff revenue for the next two years lets say(6 home games. Tops!) well now you've lost two seasons with 3 quarters sold out and no playoff money but may have gained 10 after that. Id say but the 6 year mark youve already regained that money and the increased evaluation teams have when there's a superstar in the organization. The pipeline looks pretty good right now but imagine if you added a pure stud forward and a stud defensmen in the next two drafts to go with it. Things can turn around quicky in this league when you grab a couple superstars and get a couple later picks become better then they were projected ( which i say it sure looks like is gonna happen )

2 minutes ago, clutesi said:

Totally agree, where were our vets defending our young guys. But what the hell is Getzlaf doing going after a pair of 19 year olds? Real he-man hockey Getzlaf, and this is a captain?

Yeah but, if you're the bully, do you go after the other bully or the kid with the lunch bucket?

2 minutes ago, Quoted said:

I suppose this is a bit symptomatic of a fan base that doesn't have the patience to rebuild/retool. And likely why management is trying the impossible of keeping the team "competitive" while doing so. It is going to be 2-3 years before the team is on top again. In the meantime, enjoy watching the emerging players develop while still being treated to enough Sedinery to be exciting at times. Expecting this team to be highly competitive and trying to solve its shortcomings can only lead to frustration and disappointment.

I think the real frustration stems from the lack of effort. We all know the team isn't built to dominate and go deep in the playoffs.

It's the lack of pushback and fight that has permeated a fair portion of the roster. There are far too many passengers on this team who have been passengers for a while. These lackadaisical players are the problem. Not the coach, not the Sedins or Hansen, and not the kids.

14 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

It's pathetic when our goalie resorts to chopping people when they skate by him because no one else stands up for him when he gets run into. I'm sick and tired of watching this crap. 

I bet Milsy wishes he was forward a few minutes out of every game. There would be blood !!!!

When WD will be fired which IMO  will be in 2017 summer. I really would love to see Guy Boucher. Did a good job at Tampa in the year nucks went to the finals but then didn't make the playoffs. He is young and now is coaching Bern. I believe he is young enough to not only grow with the new core and learn from his mistakes.  He speaks French and English which is just a bonus to convince a free agent to come here or gain respect with a young guy. So many ways where speaking both languages will help. 

WD is 58 and fun fact he is born in Climax, Sask lol. Anyway at his age he is not going to change his system and thought process as it might be needed. His way or the highway is what I am seeing.

thoughts?

1 minute ago, manroth19 said:

Owners want to make money. Who doesn't. I would look at things different. Lets day we tank and rebuild and get a superstar like matthews(dream big) and lost on playoff revenue for the next two years lets say(6 home games. Tops!) well now you've lost two seasons with 3 quarters sold out and no playoff money but may have gained 10 after that. Id say but the 6 year mark youve already regained that money and the increased evaluation teams have when there's a superstar in the organization. The pipeline looks pretty good right now but imagine if you added a pure stud forward and a stud defensmen in the next two drafts to go with it. Things can turn around quicky in this league when you grab a couple superstars and get a couple later picks become better then they were projected ( which i say it sure looks like is gonna happen )

Yes owners want to make money. That's obvious. However, they are going to continue to lose fans if they think people want to see Higgins, Edler, Weber and the like going through the motions and furthering the mediocre reputation that this team is amassing.

I'd rather Benning get rid of the dead weight on this team that can't be bothered to contribute a consistent level of effort, and replace them with players (either rookies or through trades) who give a shift, every shift.

I'd rather watch a team lose a game while trying their hardest and fighting with everything versus watching the gutless play on display last night in Anaheim.

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the real frustration stems from the lack of effort. We all know the team isn't built to dominate and go deep in the playoffs.

It's the lack of pushback and fight that has permeated a fair portion of the roster. There are far too many passengers on this team who have been passengers for a while. These lackadaisical players are the problem. Not the coach, not the Sedins or Hansen, and not the kids.

It's part of it for sure. I would say there is an element of fatigue at the moment and a general (short-term fix) and a need to change the make up of the team to address is (longer-term).

Listening to tsn1040.  Just heard a clip from Prust. Saying the kids need to realize there playing in the nhl and someone can't always be there to protect them..

Now.. I get it u can't have a guy to protect every shift but where was this guy after the fact?  He didn't even cherp at Getzlaf or Perry.  I may of just lost some respect for him.  You gotta hear it too understand his tone.  Sounded as if he was pissed off ppl are critisming him and saying the kids need to look out for themselves.  The least you can do is say that it wont be tolerated and at least act tough.   ugh...

me trying to explain it is pointless. gotta hear his tone.  pretty pathetic. deal him.

Totally agree. My point was yes we may lose fans for losing games but youd be amazed how many fans either come back cuz if the exciting new talent or never really left just waiting for the team to get rolling again. But to you point about the bumwhipes on this teamm i totally agree. We dont even havr to rush up the rookies like gaunce and shinks. Even bring up some of the ahl vets id be fine with that

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Listening to tsn1040.  Just heard a clip from Prust. Saying the kids need to realize there playing in the nhl and someone can't always be there to protect them..

Now.. I get it u can't have a guy to protect every shift but where was this guy after the fact?  He didn't even cherp at Getzlaf or Perry.  I may of just lost some respect for him.  You gotta hear it too understand his tone.  Sounded as if he was pissed off ppl are critisming him and saying the kids need to look out for themselves.  The least you can do is say that it wont be tolerated and at least act tough.   ugh...

me trying to explain it is pointless. gotta hear his tone.  pretty pathetic. deal him.

Yikes...shame on Prust if he did indeed say that.  Okay, maybe it's not his job to protect the kids full time, but at least stand up for your teammates.  What good is he if he's not doing that?

Maybe Horvat is not as good as some thought. I think the whole team is messed up. It starts with the goalie and the D. The goalie has been OK most of the time but the D has let down this team a lot. There is not much leadership out there. The coaching is suspect. How long can this go on? The team is too small, not tough and is playing with a wounded Edler. Hamhuis is weak. Sbisa and Bartowski the best D .Its a brutal bunch.

1 minute ago, manroth19 said:

Totally agree. My point was yes we may lose fans for losing games but youd be amazed how many fans either come back cuz if the exciting new talent or never really left just waiting for the team to get rolling again. But to you point about the bumwhipes on this teamm i totally agree. We dont even havr to rush up the rookies like gaunce and shinks. Even bring up some of the ahl vets id be fine with that

I've never cheered for another team but I can't in all honesty fork over good money to watch marginally talented players go through the motions.

I respect that about the Canucks fanbase, actually. If the team sucks and doesn't play well, attendance drops off. It's a fair give and take. You want support? Play like you want it.

The Leafs fans who shelled out top dollar to watch that demented Ice Capades for so many years, while passing along seasons tickets in their will, are straight up suckers. Morons!

15 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Prust hasn't shown any emotion. I give Dorsett credit cause he skates hard and finishes checks. Trust did F all 

That's the problem with this team. There's no point for Prust to do anything because the rest of our team are pussies and it's been like that for a while.

We need a team full of guys who will stick up and defend eachother. People can hate on Kesler all they want but atleast he plays with emotion and doesn't back down.

Prust goes out and fights and then what? Our vets still won't show any emotion or balls.

Can't wait till some of these vets are gone, didn't want Lucic coming here next season, but we kind of need him.

16 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

Virtanen is the type of player that has to get experienced playing against men. He needs to adapt his game for that. Playing against kids with stick bodies who he can manhandle whenever he wants really isn't a good place for him to be.. He needs to take his bumps and bruises so he understands the physicality of the NHL and can get better. I agree with keeping him up here.

Exactly. Jake could go back to junior, run everyone over and fill the net. He'd still be starting from scratch at next year's training camp. He's undergoing some tough learning here this year, but it will move his progress forward better than anything that could have happened with the Hitmen.

1 hour ago, clutesi said:

McCann muttered something about Hair Club for Men, and Goatslab lost his mind, and a few more hairs.

Archived