The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-unite the old Horvat line!!!

RakuRaku

I think it's time to bring back our old 4th line as it was so effective last season with Kenins - Horvat - Dorsett!! These 3 guys fit so well together and they do bring loads of energy to the game! Move Prust to the 3rd LW joining Sutter and Burrows; this would be a real awesome 3rd line too. We gotta be realistic about Horvat's development... he ain't ready to be the 2nd C just yet.. simply not fair to expect so much more out of him this season!

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Oh... trust me it's totally possible... he just came back from injury and got an assist. If he could do it last year, he should be able to do this again with Horvat and Dorsett! He has the potential to offer more than say.... Sven B?

You mean Higgins. Sven has a skill element vital to the team's success moving forward.

3 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Oh... trust me it's totally possible... he just came back from injury and got an assist. If he could do it last year, he should be able to do this again with Horvat and Dorsett! He has the potential to offer more than say.... Sven B?

Wasn't aware he returned... He actually has to look like he gives a rats ass and not float about and it's worth a shot eventually I'd say.

Sven B is so done... he's just like another Vey but even softer!!! at least with Kenins, you know this guy will bang his body around and is always looking to shoot! Horvat needs energetic linemates to make things happen. Any decent coach can see that Horvat simply can't product with Sven and Vrby.

OP is right.... Hornet needs Keninis to create separation for him. Everyone who says OP and I are wrong are stupid. I've said this before. Preseason is different from regular season play. Sven has faded away or floated himself off the ice. 

Bring up Gaunce to replace Prust, Bring up Shinkaruk to replace Sven poor play. Trade Higgins/ Hamhius/ Vrbata/Webber/and Prust.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Burrows Sutter Virtanen

Shinkaruk Horvat Keninis

Gaunce McCann Dorsett

I never said NO to Kenins. I'm saying Baertschi and Kenins both in. Higgins out. Higgins is done, not Baertschi. Sven is just starting out. Ya'll need to be more patient with the young ones.

The problem that I see is that we are missing Sutter. We were doing fine with him in the line-up due to his chemistry with Burrows on the second line. This pushes Bo to the third line where it is much easier for him to adapt. I would like to see  Hansen and Higgins together like in 2011 with Bo. We just don't have the depth right now in the center position. 

53 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I think it's time to bring back our old 4th line as it was so effective last season with Kenins - Horvat - Dorsett!! These 3 guys fit so well together and they do bring loads of energy to the game! Move Prust to the 3rd LW joining Sutter and Burrows; this would be a real awesome 3rd line too. We gotta be realistic about Horvat's development... he ain't ready to be the 2nd C just yet.. simply not fair to expect so much more out of him this season!

Um, it was Kenins-Horvat-Hansen (as shown above) and Kenins just came back from injury. He could come up but we have plenty of forwards and that one line won't solve all our issues.

26 minutes ago, duc_evo said:

OP is right.... Hornet needs Keninis to create separation for him. Everyone who says OP and I are wrong are stupid. I've said this before. Preseason is different from regular season play. Sven has faded away or floated himself off the ice. 

Bring up Gaunce to replace Prust, Bring up Shinkaruk to replace Sven poor play. Trade Higgins/ Hamhius/ Vrbata/Webber/and Prust.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Burrows Sutter Virtanen

Shinkaruk Horvat Keninis

Gaunce McCann Dorsett

BINGO!!!!!

28 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

BINGO!!!!!

BINGO X2!!!!!  This line-up would at least give you much more effort and energy. I don't mind keeping Higgins since there are no takers for him.... and it's not like he's hurting our cap room. Higgins when healthy can really skate and forecheck hard!

3 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I think it's time to bring back our old 4th line as it was so effective last season with Kenins - Horvat - Dorsett!! 

The 4th line is the least of our problems. I'm actually of the opinion that it's one of the best in the league. 

As far as kenins he came in strong but faded bad last season. If he were the magic man he would never been passed by the cracken 

Agree!! Hansen is most effective on 3rd line with Higgy and Sutter.... we should get Burrows back with the Sedins as they always work well together! I still believe Kenins and Grenier are what we need going forward when facing bigger, tougher teams like LA tonight!!!!

4 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I support Kenins getting another chance this season. I believe Horvat really started to accelerate his production once Kenins cracked the roster, and it might happen again. 

Last I heard was that Kenins was a healthy scratch in Utica....I think he completely forgot what got him to the NHL,he didn't hit anyone in training camp..

Archived