The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Dallas Stars (1) @ Vancouver Canucks (10), 7pm Pacific

Mathew Barzal

I'm expecting a Stars landslide victory. The Canucks don't have any real depth with the injuries we currently have and our defense was already thin to begin with. The fact that Cracknell is our 3rd line center while McCann (arguably one of our most energetic players over the last few games) has been demoted to the 4th line tells you exactly what is going on in our coaches head (not much). 

Pretty disappointed with the season so far and not expecting much from the team going forward (particular with Sutter out for over a month still).

Why is Niemi so good against the Canucks!? He is not an elite goalie by any stretch of the imagination. I did heckle him a few yearsback in the playoffs against the Sharks the year they swept us. I hope it's not my heckle of " hey Anti, you look like my aunty out there" that has motivated him to stick it to us. He was the reason they beat us last week, that and the officiating. Canucks were all over the Stars 5 on 5 and kept getting called for ticky tacky penalties that kept the Stars in the game. The same thing happened in L.A. with the calls, difference was we were being outplayed by the Kings so it's a little more understandable. But when I look at some of the hooking/slashing (pun intended) calls we get, then watch guys water ski off the Sedins and tackle them to the ice, it's as clear as ever, the NHL has an agenda and has teams they want to do well and teams they don't care about (us)! If Daniel and Henrik played for NY or LA they would be the top penalty drawers in the league, and as a result would be Art Ross candidates every year, and garner the respect they deserve. But they play for Vancouver, so you can hook, hold, slash all you want and in the end they get labeled soft, because they aren't fighting through it. Watch tonight, if anyone sneezes on Benn or Seguin it will be called.

Predictions:

Canucks go 0'fer on the PP, give up 2 PP goals to Seguin

The game is a close 2-1 game, until the defence coughs up the puck up the middle, sending sharp in on a breakaway for a goal

We get great goaltending until a weak one goes in high glove side with 7 minutes left in the game

If we ever get Kenins with Virtanen and Horvat on a line we can have a physical 3rd line

7 minutes ago, Fateless said:

I'm expecting a Stars landslide victory. The Canucks don't have any real depth with the injuries we currently have and our defense was already thin to begin with. The fact that Cracknell is our 3rd line center while McCann (arguably one of our most energetic players over the last few games) has been demoted to the 4th line tells you exactly what is going on in our coaches head (not much). 

Pretty disappointed with the season so far and not expecting much from the team going forward (particular with Sutter out for over a month still).

if they play with some heart, as they did against the Kings, they'll at least be in game.

Archived