The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2016 NHL Draft] If the Nucks draft top 5, who would you pick?

Odd.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Trade Matthews pick to ARZ. Assuming they'd pay anything to get him. Imagine the return we could get back 

1st overall + Edler to ARZ OEK + Domi + 2016 first round pick + 2017 first round pick

Would you?

In a heart beat but I think duclair is more feasible than domi.

Imagine being able to reunite Horvat and domi while still having a top 5 pick and a younger more offensive d man and picking up a 1st next year.

All to give Arizona that franchise defining player they've always needed....who happens to be a hometown boy to boot.

On 14/12/2015 at 5:41 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Trade Matthews pick to ARZ. Assuming they'd pay anything to get him. Imagine the return we could get back 

1st overall + Edler to ARZ OEK + Domi + 2016 first round pick + 2017 first round pick

Would you?

In a heart beat with that package. Also, a small part of me hopes Matthews lands in Arizona either way, what a story it would be for the NHL. It would justify the Coyotes staying there.

On December 14, 2015 at 7:20 AM, DeNiro said:

I personally think Chychrun is a little overrated. I wouldn't take him with a top 2 pick.

Matthews or Tkachuk for me. Take a D-man later in the first if we can pick up another pick.

I've rethought my top 5:

auston

matthew

jesse

patrik

jakob

bellows? Top 5 srs? I don't see him top 10 if the draft was today.

maybe 12-15 if a team is high on him 

5 hours ago, stawns said:

he's projected as a #2-3.  

Best d-man in a very deep draft? I'm going to argue that he has the potential to be a number 1 d-man, A-rated skater in this years draft. Top 2 or 3 pick. 

As long as we pick up Day with our second, I'll be a happy camper. I also wouldn't mind seeing us get Nylander or Bean with another first. And in the top 5 I'd be ecstatic with any of the top 5 ranked, Pulij, Mathews, Laine, Thatchuk, Churchyn/ 

Why Tkachuk 2nd? I still think Chychrun, Pulju and Laine are ahead of him. You can't look at Tkachuk just by points seeing as he is playing on a line with two amazing players. If Rantanen is anything to go by, I'd go with Laine. Chychrun's injury history is the only thing stopping me from taking Chych at 2nd OA.

9 hours ago, Brobidus said:

Why Tkachuk 2nd? I still think Chychrun, Pulju and Laine are ahead of him. You can't look at Tkachuk just by points seeing as he is playing on a line with two amazing players. If Rantanen is anything to go by, I'd go with Laine. Chychrun's injury history is the only thing stopping me from taking Chych at 2nd OA.

Strome played with two amazing players as well. Didn't stop him from going 3rd overall.

It's not just about points with Tkachuk, it's his all around game and compete level that will make him a top 3 pick.

9 hours ago, Brobidus said:

I agree they ARE in fact ahead of him, but Benning likes his meat and potatoes and to date Puljujarvi and Laine have not shown the grind it out stones that Tkachuk and that associated name has.  Added 2 ppg in his rookie year in the CHL is nothing to sniff at and comes from the KNights org which produces nothing but winners.

I'd be happy if benning only drafted from the Knights and Rockets for a few years, bound to strike gold eventually.

But seriously.  Tkachuk has that player mentality Benning likes.  More than just size and skill

On 12/6/2015 at 9:51 AM, Warhippy said:

We trade vets for extra 1st and 2nd round picks.  We use the picks plus whatever assets we have left on the roster to do something smart.

Draft top 5?  Matthews or Chychrun.  Barring that one of Puljujarvi or Laine because our RW depth is dismal.

Take an extra 1st + asset (pick or player) move in to top 15, draft Fabbro or Juolevi.  Should he still remainand we have the pick to grab him Sean Day

Blue line set for a decade.  Honestly, as long as we take 2 or 3 defensemen in the first 2 ish rounds I'll be happy

both finns are ranked higher than Chycrun I believe.  

Matthews

Tkachuk

Pulajarvi

Laine

Chycrun

It would awesome to see a sedin situation unfold if the Nucks end up with 2nd or 3rd overall......make a move for the next pick and pick the two finns, who are playing together for finland.  I think both will be ready next year as they are already playing against pros

On 12/18/2015 at 3:59 PM, Jaku said:

Best d-man in a very deep draft? I'm going to argue that he has the potential to be a number 1 d-man, A-rated skater in this years draft. Top 2 or 3 pick. 

probably the best dman in the draft, yes......though not necessarily either.  However, there are 4 fwds who are ranked ahead of him and Chycruns stock is dropping for some reason.  If they pick 4-7, then sure.  

Archived